World War II movie Greyhound

I'm not sure how rare the story is. Thousands of convoys crossed the Atlantic and the U boat menace was there for all of them.

Not knocking this movie. I haven't watched it yet. I may if it's free. I heard the CGI is a bit overwhelming and overdone but I'll wait for more reviews.

I wouldn't say the CGI was overdone. It looked pretty realistic. It certainly didn't look fake nor look like poorly done practical effects.

Apple paid $70 million for exclusive distribution rights, although I would think it will be available in DVD and Blu-Ray although the release date is unknown.

Ok, thank you and @PimTac for the info! Guess I have to wait! A nice group of movies has lined up on my want to see list, including this, Top Gun, and James Bond!

Originally Posted by UncleDave
Movie was great, keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Covid really stinks, but our grandparents had to deal with polio AND Nazis.

UD

I remember getting polio vaccinations .

Dad served on the USS Iowa during WWII , against the Japanese Navy .
I have a round scar on my left arm from a vaccination. Think it was for diphtheria. Remember having chickenpox and measles. Boy next door came down with polio and we would go visit him in their living room where he lived in an iron-lung. He survived but was severely handicapped. State found him an office job where he spent almost thirty years and retired with a nice pension. Griped everyday of his life about the unfairness of it all.

I have a round scar on my left arm from a vaccination. Think it was for diphtheria. Remember having chickenpox and measles. Boy next door came down with polio and we would go visit him in their living room where he lived in an iron-lung. He survived but was severely handicapped. State found him an office job where he spent almost thirty years and retired with a nice pension. Griped everyday of his life about the unfairness of it all.

Sounds more like a smallpox vaccination. I've got two scars near each shoulder although one is deeper. They were administered using a bifurcated needle - almost like scratching with an awl by poking at the skin several times after dipping it in a dry vaccine.

I noticed a scar in this U2 single cover. That's clearly a scar from a smallpox vaccination.

R-1879293-1585857583-2534.jpeg.jpg

Back