Wire Brushes

Is there such a thing as a great wire brush? If so, please advise. I need one or two for my brake jobs.

These are small stainless brush's
I buy these on E-Bay right from China for 35 cents each.
Buy some from Harbor Freight and see if you like / I think their great.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
If you are dealing with rust under the SS clip on a caliper bracket its advised to use a file vs wire brush. The wire brush may end up polishing the rust vs removing the rust.

Both are needed.

I use a 2nd cut mill file, and sandpaper. Occasionally I do break out a wire wheel or cup brush on a drill or angle grinder but not for the caliper slide rails. I guess I could... I also have a small diameter 90' straight rotary brush, like around 1" to get into the face of the hub around studs but this usually only needs done once per vehicle because if I get it clean or it was already clean the first time I touch it, it gets a thin layer of silicone grease which makes rust no longer a problem on that area, just making sure not to get it on the brake friction surfaces or lug studs themselves.

Last edited:
I jut pick up the multi packs from a buck at HF. They lay a while... have you seen the rotor/hub refinishing tool? I forget the brand but it goes on your drill and has abrasive discs to clean off scale and rust from your hub before mounting the rotor. Goes in between as well as over the lug studs and really works quite well.

Ok, the ones I was referring to may not be BBQ brushes actually but I didn't save packaging, they were narrow 2 each nylon, brass and steel in two lengths each. Just used longer brass one last Sat for cleaning brake pad carriers during brake job.

I jut pick up the multi packs from a buck at HF. They lay a while... have you seen the rotor/hub refinishing tool? I forget the brand but it goes on your drill and has abrasive discs to clean off scale and rust from your hub before mounting the rotor. Goes in between as well as over the lug studs and really works quite well.
This one?

Attachments

• 7FA270B8-6FC0-410D-9DC1-2A931B213385.jpeg
    7FA270B8-6FC0-410D-9DC1-2A931B213385.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 60
There is a file made for that mueller kueps 460200. Made in Germany too. A bit more money than a HF one lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 24
Back