Winter Solstice Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that the zenith sun tangentially appears above the Tropic of Capricorn parallel tonight, Saturday, December 21st, sometime during the minute of 11:19 pm ET, constituting the Winter Solstice...with the apparent sun of course then instantly heading back toward the Tropic of Cancer which it tangentially hits during the minute of 5:44 pm ET on Saturday, June 20, 2020.
Be sure to set your thermometers back 10º tonight.

Originally Posted by KeithS_NW_Ohio

Hahahahaa, no. It's plenty comfortable here in South Florida.

It may be winter, but it's sunny and near 40F here the next five days or so - unfortunately even on Christmas...

Thanks for the reminder! It's my anniversary today......I'm off to the card shop!
27.gif

I grew up in Bowling Green...or as we called it, Blowing Green...it's the wind chill that gets you!
31.gif

Thanks for the reminder!

Today's sunrise here was at 8:23 AM at 127° (with 90° being due E, so well S of E), and sunset was at 4:29 PM at 233° (with 270° being due @, so again well to the S), for a total of 8:05:25 of daylight. The shortest day indeed!

Originally Posted by John_K

I grew up in Bowling Green...or as we called it, Blowing Green...it's the wind chill that gets you!
31.gif

Thermometers? Our thermostat automatically sets back .

Like your car's blinkers, your thermometers can run out of fluid too, so make sure to top it off when you set it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back