Windows 10 Upgrade Guide

Funny when my new MB first started up, it went straight to "you need windows 11" FREE upgrade, etc.....I declined.
Every time there is a Windows 10 update, Microsoft tries to get you to click on the Windows 11 upgrade ... kind of like Amazon trying to get you to sign-up for Prime every time you try to checkout an order, lol.

One of the big pains with Win10 upgrade is Edge (browser) running in the background collecting cookies and opening no matter what. I would like it gone!
I see it also used 4 instances running so if I delete one it reopens right away. I haven't found a way to stop it.

The whole OS really is not all that stable...it freezes, and there seems to be a LOT of 'updates'. I rather have win7.

One would almost be tempted to think there's something to the idea! :)
+1. With all the stuff going on at MS now I really believe there will be a lot more people switching to some version of Linux within the next year. Linux is already over 4% market share as it is. Linux market share is maybe 2% or 3% higher if you factor in the Chromebook/Chrome OS, which runs on Gentoo Linux.

Originally Posted by redhat
Great info Overkill. The Google-ing of the hardware ID is a great tip for folks with unknown hardware.

I am happy to say that I have had my entire organization on Windows 10 months prior to the EOL.

thumbsup2.gif
I ended up with Windows 10 when I replaced my Man Cave desktop computer about 3-4 years ago.
I am / have been very happy with it. One thing Windows keeps offering me to free upgrade to Windows11.
I tried that once and I was so let down by it I could not wait to do a computer "restore" to get rid of Windows11
and return to my old trusty Windows10.
Some of you may like Windows11 BUT I could not stand how it was so different than Windows10.

I use "classicshell" on an older laptop, I like it but its no longer developed. I would like to go to Linux but not sure how to save everything so I can do a clean install from scratch (or if I even need to) also not sure about drivers....

Back