Will PP 10-30 work in a yamaha blaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked one up yesterday and PP is the only oil I have in that weight. Just need to make sure PP works with a wet clutch. Thanks

The book says
10w-30 type SE
API Service SE, SF, SG or higher.

Then below it cautions not to use a diesel oil of CD or higher and not to use Energy Conserving 2 or higher. Thats about it.

Originally Posted By: countryboy9799
not to use Energy Conserving 2 or higher. Thats about it.
Never heard of Energy Conserving 2 lol...wonder what that is....unless they would be referring to the now "reworded" Resource Conserving? Really....what IS the difference between the 2? Just a difference in "energy" or "resources" change per CAFE? Anyone know? Or would this happen to be covered in the Oil Bible 101?
smile.gif

But yea, if it doesn't spec anything else, as far as JASO MA, etc...the PP should work...

Looked again, book is a 2004. It says not to use an energy conserving II. I had not heard of that either and googled it and came up with some info on it.

Originally Posted By: LC4RN8
I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. Go get some Rotella T6 5w-40. Works well in stuff with wet clutches.

+1 T6 or Triple T would get my vote...

Isn't that a two stroke engine w/ a wet clutch behind it? Or was that just the original Blaster 200 that I seem to recall...?

John.

I ran valvoine synpower 10w30 in the trans of the blaster I had with no issues. That was years ago and i am sure specs on the oils have changed but my bet would be if valvoline was trouble free pennzoil would be trouble free as well.

Yes this is a 2 stroke and the oil is for the transmission.

Wikipedia told me it has a wet clutch from 1986 to 2006. It's an 04.

Does the crank bearing get oiled up from motor oil or from the oil in the gas?

Does the crank bearing get oiled up from motor oil or from the oil in the gas?

Crank is oiled from what you put in the gas. Trans oil lubes the trans and clutches.

Use the TDT. It's expensive for a 2 stroke trans, but it will work just fine.

It almost does not matter what you use in that trans. ATF works well in 2 stroke transmissions.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: LC4RN8
I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. Go get some Rotella T6 5w-40. Works well in stuff with wet clutches.

+1 T6 or Triple T would get my vote...

+2 I used to run T6 in my 04 cr250 and have since switched to Triple T due to oil prices going up and since I change it pretty often.

What is Triple T? I googled and couldnt find it.

It's also Rotella, it's a conventional 15w-40 vs. Rotella T6 which is synthetic 5w-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back