Wife's 2015 Chevy Sonic was hit yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady ran a stop sign . Our Sonic hit in LF fender , wheel & door . No one injured , thank God !

Best I remember , ~ 70,000 miles on the clock . Do not know if insurance will total it or not . If they do , thinking of what to replace it with . Choice between GM or Ford .

If I could find another great deal on a used Buick , I would probably go that route . Would also consider another Sonic , as long as it did not have the 1.4l turbo engine .

Originally Posted by Donald
The new electric Hummer from GM?

hahahaha
Save some money for the Hyundai Airbus coming in about 5-6 years. How will S. Korea stop a drunk driver or drug driver from driving one of those?

Glad no one was hurt!
If you don't mind a manual transmission- Ford Focus, Manual ONLY
Auto- Ford Fusion My 2013 has been very reliable and enjoyable to drive. My only complaint is a few minor rattles in the interior.

It will probably be hard not to total it out. The value of a 70k mile sonic is low, parts and labor for repairs may very well be close to what the insurance company says the car is worth. Not saying your car is a dog pile, this is just my opinion of how an insurance company will look at things "on paper". Might want to start shopping.

Originally Posted by slug_bug
Glad no one was hurt!
If you don't mind a manual transmission- Ford Focus, Manual ONLY
Auto- Ford Fusion My 2013 has been very reliable and enjoyable to drive. My only complaint is a few minor rattles in the interior.

+1 I would add that the 1.5 or 1.6 ecoboost engines in the Fusion are not nearly as reliable as the 2.5 n/a or the 2.0 ecoboost options.

If the unibody is not deformed, consider buying the total and fix it yourself. (Assuming you were happy with the car and maintained it like a good Bitogger).

Glad your wife was not injured. Park the car at the autobody and get a rental on the policy of the person who hit you. This sets the tone with them. Good luck

The totaled value from the insurance company should allow you a down payment on another car. Weren't Sonic's the lowest priced vehicle in America for a few years running? I think they edged out the Nissan Versa for this title. Good Luck and glad no one was hurt. I would look at the remaining small '19 Buick AWD's. Prices are low and they seem somewhat well liked by their owners. I will have to research what the lowest priced car available nowadays is, maybe another sonic?

I've always liked the sonic.

In all honesty though, I can't see it taking much to total one out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back