Why not more hybrids?

It’s sad isn’t it. Living close enough to a job to walk or bike is a luxury that has a high price tag.
I did for my entire career, and didn't pay a particularly high price. I biked (or occasionally walked) 1.5 miles to work in a small town in Jersey, 3.5 miles to work in a small town in N.C., 4.5 miles to work in congested suburbs of a bigger town in Virginia, and 8.5 miles to work from one small town to another in S.C.

You don’t need rapid charging at your home. You park overnight (many utilities have EV rates overnight that are cheaper) plugged into a 220V charging outlet that typically costs $500-$1500 to install and car is charged topped everyday. DIY would be less obviously.

These kinds of outlets on new or existing construction are extremely desirable when it comes time to sell your home.
Ok Cool didn't know that. My neighbor has a Tesla and he spent about $8k for the rapid charger and the installation plus inspector certification

I think our next regular vehicle (not toy or hobby car) will be a hybrid. I went to see the new CRV for my daughter and was quite impressed. I looked at the Sport Touring model and quite honestly I will seriously consider it when its time to get rid of our 2019 Q5. MSRP was about 40k versus about 60k for the Audi. Throw in Honda reliability and I think it is a compelling option. The fit and finish was truly outstanding. As for as packaging the battery is where the spare tire would be. With current tire technology I dont think not having a spare is an issue.
I got the 2023 hybrid sport dealer loaner certified pre-owned with 2.6k miles and certified pre-owned extended platinum 7y/100k warranty plus 10y/100k battery warranty for $32.2k out the door price. This includes 3 years of dealer oil changes (up to 4 times per year). Paid cash

I love it.

Back