Why is Mitsubishi Updating its products for North America if it is Planning to Pull Out?

This whole thing is mostly speculation. Mitsubishi has announced cuts in North America. There has been no statement they are pulling out of the United States market.

The updates for their cars are global and not US specific.

Correct, but they are introducing the updates here. They basically said just a month ago they are likely pulling out. What gives? They basically pulled out of Europe of a few days ago.

You know as much as I do. The latest I have seen is that Mitsubishi will focus on SE Asia. The emerging markets have always been their strong point besides Japan.

There are car manufacturers which produce good products that don't do well in the market because of poor marketing strategies and sparse dealerships. Suzuki and Saab are examples. Then there are companies that produce inferior products but aggressively market them and have an adequate dealership network. Fiat/Chrysler.

Many American car buyers adopt a herd mentality when car shopping and avoid looking at models they don't see many of not because they know they are inferior. Safety in numbers and fear of the unknown. Cattle and sheep clump together for those same reasons.

There are car manufacturers which produce good products that don't do well in the market because of poor marketing strategies and sparse dealerships. Suzuki and Saab are examples. Then there are companies that produce inferior products but aggressively market them and have an adequate dealership network. Fiat/Chrysler.

Many American car buyers adopt a herd mentality when car shopping and avoid looking at models they don't see many of not because they know they are inferior. Safety in numbers and fear of the unknown. Cattle and sheep clump together for those same reasons.

A lot of people trash Mitsubishi that have never driven one. Now to be honest, their vehicles that came out of Normal were not up to the same standard as the Japan made ones. I noticed that many times.

In my last research for a vehicle the Outlander was high on the list. It fell from that spot after the local dealer closed their doors. I didn’t want to drive 30 miles to the next closest one. Being part of the Nissan Renault Group, I still wonder why they didn’t consolidate dealer operations with Nissan?

Back