Which would be your pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For an autocross weekend warrior?

For daily driver exposed to constant dust?

IMG_20200209_125108273_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
They would all work for both applications, but I'd probably not use the Purolators for autocross since the engine will probably be doing high revs with the oil not always at full temperature.

Originally Posted by Xeno

... For daily driver exposed to constant dust?

Pay attention to your AIR FILTER. It keeps the dust out ...

As for the oil filters, any of them would be just fine. Splitting hairs between most major brands.

Originally Posted by geeman789
Originally Posted by Xeno

... For daily driver exposed to constant dust?

Pay attention to your AIR FILTER. It keeps the dust out ...

As for the oil filters, any of them would be just fine. Splitting hairs between most major brands.

+1

Thanks, guys.

I would have passed on the Purolators, but I got them dirt cheap, so I naturally horded up. I'll probably use them on my families beaters. Heh.

I'll be the contrarian and nominate the Purolator Boss. That's the exact model number one of my vehicles uses and it is very capable. Of course I don't autocross my suv.

I'd choose the Mobil1 if I was doing longer OCI's....the regular Wix for 7K or less.

I'd pick one of the ones on the top row so I didn't have to stack them all again... they're gonna all get used anyway right?

It's not going to make much difference. People around here make mountains out of molehills. The main thing is recognize the service life of the filter and oil you use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by The_Nuke
The best oil filter is a good air filter.

True indeed ^^^^^^^^^

A Wix air filter is a good choice... Or a STP premium air filter... Which is 98 percent efficient using the fine dust version of the ISO 5011 test. A much harder test vs the coarse dust test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back