Which Roundup Product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeds and crabgrass are growing thru the artificial turf and also around the trees. Someone suggested that I spray Roundup and allow the weeds to die. I have never purchased weed killer before (used to manually weed as needed, but this is a large area) - does one product work better than others?

If at all possible, I am hoping to make the situation "better" by this weekend.

Extended control: https://www.homedepot.com/p/203687217
Max control 365: https://www.homedepot.com/p/204631790

Thanks.

B536E71F-32E9-4E8D-B677-3150E52546FA.jpeg

With the regular Round up the weeds will grow back asap. With the 365 it will help control the weeds for around a year with the soil sterilizer if the round up is applied in adequate amounts. Glyphosate will not kill plants unless it is sprayed on the leaves . With out looking up the other ingredients I don't know if the 365 is a soils sterilant or a growth inhibitor that will keep the seeds from germinating. Look up the data sheets to be sure the ingredient don't kill the trees or other bushes.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I'm just curious what happens when you spray that stuff on Astroturf.

It will kill the Astroturf dead as a door nail.
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by irad
Spray vinegar and or salt water for an organic solution.

This right here.

I'd avoid Roundup for its been linked to causing Cancer.
Do a search and do some serious reading, I'd personally avoid it at all costs.

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I'm just curious what happens when you spray that stuff on Astroturf.

It will kill the Astroturf dead as a door nail.
banana2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
I was mostly wondering if it would discolor the turf. But yes, hopefully the turf is dead after.

Roundup would take a week to kill it anyway. Why not just salt the area if you want it all to stay dead?

This time of the year is optimum for applying pre-emergent along with weed killer. Pre-emergent keeps the weeds from germinating.

I spray glyphosate mixed with Surflan. You'll need to go somewhere other than a box store to find anything other than diluted consumer stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge

Using it in a lawn a few times a year he's fine. Spraying 50 acres of crop that's a whole other issue.

Originally Posted by nickaluch
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge

Using it in a lawn a few times a year he's fine. Spraying 50 acres of crop that's a whole other issue.

Why take the chance? I've seen enough people who never get a second chance because of Cancer.

Can anything grow through AstroTurf?

Another possibility is that weeds are growing in dirt that has deposited itself over time or through bird droppings.

Glyphosate is a sure complete kill but it's not fast acting-- in two days the weeds may be starting to turn yellow. Most of the glyphosate products in hardware stores have other fast-acting herbicides mixed in. Vinegar kills the fastest but you need agricultural strength not the 5% grade from a grocery store.

In 1973 bought a recommended defoliant that was mixed with kerosene, it turned the brush and poison ivy orange. Been more careful since. Look at it this way, anything that will kill a living thing can`t be all good.

What is scary is that glyphosate is in the food we eat. The plants absorb it. At least from what little I have read about it trying to learn more that is what I have found out.

Originally Posted by Rat407
What is scary is that glyphosate is in the food we eat. The plants absorb it. At least from what little I have read about it trying to learn more that is what I have found out.

Exactly, people need to be aware of what's in our food, water, etc because every little exposure adds up over time in our bodies, and thus the increase in chance of cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back