which cars leak the most oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have seen with the oil changes I do. Most GM LS engines with over 200k. Mainly the oil pan, and rear main seal. Some times the oil pressure sensor and valve covers.

The Yugo according to Consumer Reports."A waste of natural resources" was the only positive statement on CR's reporting of the Yugo. Everything under the test vehicle was covered with engine oil.

Originally Posted By: wings&wheels
see list below...

All but one from the British List of Bad Boys?
wink.gif

My wifes ex BMW X3 3.0si. It leaked like the Exxon Valdez
smile.gif
. Oil filter housing, oil pan, and valve cover gasket. all started at about 6 years and 50k miles. This car was an utter dissapointment. It was a good day when we traded it....

neither of my cars leak but my truck burns some due to valve stems. my old nova cant leak a drop the engine is covered in thick grease.

86 Olds Calais 2.5: trans fluid leak. Fixed when I had it. Fixed again after my parents gave it to my little brother. Fixed again when he gave the car back to me. One mechanic he and his wife used refused to even attempt the job.

63 Valiant 225: tiny one from the rear of the engine. Been going on for years. And leaks around the valve cover [ gasket getting replaced even as we speak while the car is in for new motor and trans mounts and new drier and compressor for the aftermarket AC ].

The ION has never leaked in 13 years. So far all looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back