Where does Volvo hide the battery on the XC-90 ?

Interesting car,has a sidewise I-6. Go get a soda and a sandwich. Daughter calls me, she's enroute to hosp. with grandson 2nd time in a week. Luckily, SIL's spanking new F150 has been on a minder, while he's out to sea delivering oil. It starts and she's off. Kid has a barf bug, NBD. But her mom-mobile, a 7? yr old XC-90 wagon is dead at the end of driveway. A jump started it from using a + lug on the main gazinta to the fuse box. and a ground array on the fender. but though the engine idled smoothly, pushing the long pedal did nothing. I put meter across + and ground 7.5 v. I hitched the jumpers back on and started my Camry. I had to charge the battery to to get enough voltage to get the 1s and zeros percolating. The right thing would have been to remove battery and recharge it. 'Xcept for one thing. No visible battery. Cable i used at the fuse box disappears down to starter? So, can somebody tel me where the battery is on this chariot? TIA 😃

More info than we need to know. Just ask “where is the battery located”?

Be sure that you cycle the door lock from the remote a couple of times to reset the windows and door lock and radio memories after you install the new battery.

The battery is under the rear lift up panel , its under the metal cover.

DO NOT FORGET TO REINSTALL THE RUBBER VENT HOSE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CAR THROUGH THE FLOOR.

I have a 2006 XC90 AWD and had to replace my battery last week .

CONVERT

Tom

Thanks to all who responded. XC-90 is resting quietly. After idling for 10 minutes system voltage is 14.5. I shut it off and hitched it up to a battery tender. I'll check results tomorrow.

Back