Where are you getting tires mounted and balanced?

I've been using a local chain store, T.O. Haas, last time I bought new tires there is was $12.50 a tire to mount and balance add another 12.50 a tire for road hazard, petty good deal.

I've been using the same local shop for years, but there are shops in my area that will not mount new carry-ins, but will do good used carry-ins. My shop charges $25/tire.

Like said, I assume they don't make money on the actual tire, coupled with the low cost of people being able to mail-order your own like my cheap azz does.

It is labor intensive to do a good job mounting and balancing 4 tires. $100 seems like a ton of money, but when you consider what a shop charges per hour of labor, it's unfortunately in line.

I used to use Americas Tire. They do not align so these days it's a local shop close to home that is a one stop do it all. I price check and they are competitive and I'm becoming a regular customer.

Motorcycle tires are a whole different deal. I mount and balance my own on all my bikes.

FWIW, Discount Tire and America Tire are the same company. Different brand names depending on part of country.

I use Tireracks list of installers and go by price/distance. Print the price sheet out as some charge more for walk-ins without.

Yeah, that's what I use too if I buy the tires online. But haven't done that in a while. Best price locally was about $80 mounted and balanced at a local tire chain. But I've found it's just cheaper buying tires at Costco and mounting and balancing is about $20 a tire, but they only do that for tires that they sell and that includes a free road hazard warranty.

Like the title says, where are you all getting tires mounted and balanced these days? Seems like the price went through the roof since last time a looked around at this. Discount tire wanted $145 if I brought my own tires in. Tire shop across the street from my work wants $45 a tire for mount and balance if I bring my own tires. Seems like a lot of money for a shop to probably scratch my wheels 😂

Do it myself!

My dealership. They have a beautiful brand new tire machine (I think it's a Hunter) as well as a road force balancer setup.

Last set, I was presented with a list of local places and their rates at Tirebuyer.com when I bought them. Picked Pepboys because they were low priced and nearby.

$70 all in including tax for 4, mounted, balanced and stems. However they gave me the evil eye for not buying my tires there and although they had estimated it would take an hour (so I waited there instead of dropping the vehicle off), it ended up taking over 3 hours because they decided to make me wait while they stood around talking and goofing off (not busy).

Discount Tire near me is reasonable ($100) but the last 3 sets of tires I had mounted, the weights came unglued and either flew off on the road, or I found them laying inside the wheel. They need to slow down and clean the surface, and perhaps hit them with a heat gun before they give me the car back. Looking for other local options.

That tends to happen in winter. Can't seem to get the glue to stick either then. Not sure if it's a temperature thing or from salt/water. Cleaning doesn't seem to help at all and the cars aren't in long enough to heat the wheels up. Boss is allergic to getting the temperature up in the workshop aswell

Well, I found a great deal on Walmart’s site and I got discount tire to price match. That saves having to order tires from the internet a haul them to get installed. Just over $600 for a set of Continental DWS tires installed, road hazard and taxes isn’t bad at all.

I use Walmart because they actually torque the wheels properly and don't just throw an air gun at them. The price is good, but the lines are too long. 4-hour wait and over a dozen people waiting in line when they open

Walmart takes appointments for tire installation (they did when l purchased tires in February).

I ordered online from Walmart, had them shipped to my store where l had them installed. I had low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. Ultra competitive price, fresh date code on all 4 tires, perfectly balanced. I was in and out in under an hour.

Sure Walmart takes appointments, but keeping them is another matter entirely. I have got some great deals on tires at Walmart but getting them mounted and balanced was a four hour wait and with one set it took three separate trips on three separate days because they were backed up. Very annoying!

I use Sam’s Club usually. They have a very limited selection of tires in my size which is P205/75/R14 and won’t mount them if you didn’t buy them there. But still I can get them to do it cheaper than I can at the dealership I work at plus I forgot how to use the tire machine because no one comes to the dealership for tires and pay double the price or more.

I do it during lunchbreak or after hours on the dealership machines. We do a lot of mounting as customers often want other wheels and tyres on their new car

I use Sam’s Club usually. They have a very limited selection of tires in my size which is P205/75/R14 and won’t mount them if you didn’t buy them there. But still I can get them to do it cheaper than I can at the dealership I work at plus I forgot how to use the tire machine because no one comes to the dealership for tires and pay double the price or more.
That’s a weird dealership, the Toyota and Honda dealers near my work sell tires at a price about the same as any other tire place around here and not that far off Tire Rack. Not a great selection (mostly Yokohama) but the price is good.

That’s a weird dealership, the Toyota and Honda dealers near my work sell tires at a price about the same as any other tire place around here and not that far off Tire Rack. Not a great selection (mostly Yokohama) but the price is good.
Even the Mercedes dealership isn't that bad. It is higher than other places but I guess people like going there. Every once in a while the dealership runs specials on tires and it makes it just a little bit more than other places so it attracts those that don't want to go anywhere else besides the dealership.

Back