What's your favourite rifle?

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
I see we had a "what's your favourite handgun" thread, and we should probably have a shotgun one too.

My favourite rifle is my CADEX Defence CDX-33 in .338LM. It's topped with a Vortex Gen II Razor scope. Thing is an absolute tack-driver. Don't mind the box of AE, it's cheap and is an easy way to get more reload brass.

[Linked Image]

Hard to pick a favorite... I have a hard time not taking my Marlin 1895 stainless guide gun in 45/70 on a quick hunting trip.. I'm also a big fan of any .280. I like a lot of old Mil-surp rifles as well. Brazilian mauser and K31 are some favorites.

Years ago I bought a milled Bulgarian AK47 parts kit and had Rifle Dynamics build it using a CNC Warrior receiver. I've seen Rifle Dynamics get lots of grief from folks on the internet but they did a great job with my rifle.

The milled versions are heavier, but they are built like tanks. Plus I learned a lot about them while sourcing the parts needed to be shipped for completion.

My converted Saiga AK. This thing is so awesome. I absolutely loved the process of converting it myself and adding top quality aftermarket parts to make an extremely nice Russian AK. I'll never part with it.

I bought it for 350 dollars when they were easy to come by. After the Russian weapons ban, they are far from that price.

Have several that rank right up there, but if I had to pick just one, I believe it would be my 700 short action that was a 308 that I custom built into a fully blue printed 358 Winchester. Had the factory stock worked over into a beautiful stick of wood eliminating the Monte Carlo cheekpiece and the black plastic Remington hung on it. I had custom Claro walnut pieces made to replace those. Finished in a beautiful satin polyurethane over a very light cherry stain. Gun shoots and handles as good as it looks.

My real M24. But for quick, easy, fun shooting, I really like my 5.56 Mossberg MVP scout patrol rifle - its just so light and simple.

Really though Im a sucker for lever actions.

Back