What's your favorite handgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite, if I had to pick one, is the 1911 chambered in 9mm. I have a Springfield Armory stainless "loaded" and love the way it shoots. Only modification is I switched the 2 piece guide rod for a GI so I don't need an allen wrench to field strip it. Cheap ammo and easy shooting chambered in 9mm as the piece is heavy and recoil is low. I have carpal tunnel as well as arthritis so this greatly improved my accuracy.

My .357 Magnum Colt Python - not only is it dead nuts on accuracy wise - the action is indescribably slick, and its menacing look gets oohs and ahhs at the range.

UD

Last edited:
How could I pick just one?
grin.gif

If I had to, however, it would probably be my S&W 5906.

My first gun. Carried it in combat (in a custom holster that my parachute riggers made for me). Reliable. Accurate. Well made.

Stainless steel Ruger shopkeeper .22. It has a short barrel and is fun to shoot because it is not very accurate and makes me hit better with my longer barreled pistols. Its a really fun little gun to shot that looks neat and I have a holster for it too. They are quite expensive though, about $575.00 for a new one.

I have two favorites. One I carry IWB at my waist. Other is inside my front pocket.

1) Kahr CT 45 ACP
2) Beretta Pico .380 ACP

Honorable Mention
Glock 42.380 ACP

Dishonorable Mention
Taurus PT111 G2 9mm
(thinking seriously about taking a sledgehammer to it - then shipping it to the manufacturer)
I will never buy another 2-stage trigger pistol again.

Last edited:
1) Glock 26. Great balance of size, capacity and reliability. If I could only pick one gun for concealed carry and home defense, the G26 fits the bill nicely.

2) Remington RM380. Very well built, reliable, and extremely easy to carry. A little bit heavier than an LCP, but better in every way except sights.

3) Ruger P94. A much too heavy, but reliable workhorse. Shoots even stout 9mm loads comfortably. My wife's favorite gun.

Last edited:
Hard to pick one.

I love shooting the Walther p22. Also like how the M&P shield fits my hand. I also love my Ruger P90 .45 it eats any ammo and works all day long with +p. To this day, it has NEVER had a FTF or FTE or any issue with any ammo. My most reliable gun.

I like how easy it is to conceal the LCP.

Last edited:
Tie for me between Kimber Raptor (full size stainless) and a S&W Performance Center 1911.

So many sweet guns, so little time/money. This is like asking which of your children do you love the most!

Colt Python, Beretta stainless 92, Hi-Powers...….gee, do I have to stop?

I enjoy shooting various smooth shooting, high quality 1911's, although the 1911 is NOT my first choice as a carry weapon. I have a 12 round Para Ord doublestack 45ACP that is a blast to shoot. But for outright fun, it's hard to beat the little Kel-Tec PMR-30, with it's 30 rounds of 22 magnum and a sweet little fireball every time. Light, accurate and fun.

The guns I don't like are the pocket 380's with their sharp little kick and tiny grips. Accuracy suffers with those little things.

I tend not to like the harsh feel of most revolvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back