What was a good price for .45?

JHZR2

Staff member
I had some in my cart right before the Covid scare. Can't recall what the pricing was per round in bigger lots.

Curious if anyone bought recently just before Covid at the low and remembers what they paid.

For what, asking what a good price was a few weeks ago?

Please cite where it was closed down for such a question, and not other reasons.

Please provide links and thread titles. Thanks.

Last summer, I bought 1000 Round Case - 45 Auto 230 Grain FMJ Sellier Bellot Brass Case Ammo - SB45A for $249.80.

Copied from my order history at SG Ammo. www.sgammo.com

Same case is now $379

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Well trust me a .45 isn't going to do anything against COVID-19.

It you shoot the 45 acp through a 1911 it devastate it. A 1911 in any caliber gives the bullets magical powers.

JHZR2 - Pre panic price for a case of 45 ACP was around 32 to 37 cents per round. (It was always double the price of 9mm bulk which was around 17 to 18 cents per round at its lowest)

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by JHZR2
For what, asking what a good price was a few weeks ago?

Please cite where it was closed down for such a question, and not other reasons.

Please provide links and thread titles. Thanks.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5377424/ammo-shortage#Post5377424

Irrelevant. That was an attempt to discuss shortages related to the virus. My ask,was merely what the prices were before things went bezerk. Simple question with simple enough answers which some could produce. Enough said.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Last summer, I bought 1000 Round Case - 45 Auto 230 Grain FMJ Sellier Bellot Brass Case Ammo - SB45A for $249.80.

Copied from my order history at SG Ammo. www.sgammo.com

Same case is now $379

Thanks. That's what I thought I had remembered. I was looking at the aluminum case ammo they had in stock, and thought I had remembered it to be around 24 or 27c/rd..

Originally Posted by Reddy45
JHZR2 - Pre panic price for a case of 45 ACP was around 32 to 37 cents per round. (It was always double the price of 9mm bulk which was around 17 to 18 cents per round at its lowest)

I thought I had remembered it cheaper (see above), but I recall 9mm being around 17-19c for 9mm. Thanks!

I've noticed (SGAmmo) that the bulk 1000's have gone up about $100 like Astro14 stated. Cheap ammo is going to be gone again for awhile. and SG is limiting what they sell quantity wise. I had just bought some .40 S&W, and 9mm right before the increase. I noticed .223 was about he same increase. Gonna have to back off on the target shooting for a bit.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Well trust me a .45 isn't going to do anything against COVID-19.

If it is for home defense, you will be in over your head if you need more than a box or two.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
I had some in my cart right before the Covid scare. Can't recall what the pricing was per round in bigger lots.

Curious if anyone bought recently just before Covid at the low and remembers what they paid.

I Got some in mid march for

$16.99 for box of Sig 230FMJ 50 on sale at Bass Pro Shops.

so: $0.34 per

The SIg factory is down the street from where I live.

My buddy has tons of .45auto hoarded - but it's getting moldy. He's went to 9mm

I think that is a more reliable round for SD - I recall my '11 is pretty jammy even with a bit of ramp touchup.

FTF doesnt have good KDP.

Last edited:
Those looking for 9MM. Midway has Sellier & Bellot 115Gr for .22 cents a round if you buy 1000. I use them for my .45 practice and never had a hiccup.

Originally Posted by KJSmith
Pre covid price
.45ACP .24pr rnd
9mm .16pr rnd

SG Ammo prices + Shipping.

That's what I recalled. Thank you!

Back