What toolbox do you have?

I'm a UPS semi mechanic. Both my work and home boxes are Homak. My home box is a 27" wide Homak roller cabinet with a matching top chest.
My boxes are made in the USA but I think they since switched much of their production to China. :(

I love my Costco box.

TB.jpg

The Craftsman on the right is almost 30 years old and still works well, the one on the left I just bought last summer to get more organized but I just bought the bottom so I could use the top for a work bench but also wanted to get my little compressor of the floor.

View attachment 25129

I'm glad yours is still working for you. :)
For one Christmas, my wife bought me the exact same 2 tier Craftsman(on the right) that you're showing. Yes, she bought it about 30ish yrs ago on a SEARS sale. The drawer sliders quickly started falling apart and I ended up giving it away to a neighbors son for his "new to him" tool set.

Tool dealers love to wheel and deal on sheet metal and some of the trade-ins are a bargain. I have a Snap-On "taco cart" (looks like one - h.d. wheels, 700 lbs. empty). On top, a MATCO ten drawer and a Caterpillar three drawer that holds all my metric sockets. I got all; but the CAT used for a fraction of new prices. Ask around.

I have the U.S. General series 2 5 drawer box. There was a coupon a year or so ago for $169. I've enjoyed having it and could use another one. This time, I'll probably get thr bulk storage box for bigger tools that's usually under $100.

Reactions: JC1
I have a Snapon KRL761 Doug Herbert edition bottom box. Was an 8k box new, got it used off the snapon truck for 1800 plus a KRA4017 that I had for 5 years. I got every penny on trade for the KRA that I paid for it 5 years prior. Most of the drawers had never held tools, previous owner bought it because he was a Doug Herbert fan. He traded it on a massive Epiq box when they came out. On top of that box I have 2 smaller snapon top chests that are both older than I am. Also have 2 single bank Snapon bottom boxes that are older than I am. For home use it would be hard to justify a tool truck box as your box isnt going to see the abuse that mine does. In and out constantly with the box overloaded. For professional use tool truck boxes are the way to go.

I have a MasterForce from Menards. To me they appeared to be one of the better-built options among the “homeowner“ price range chests.

Had it about 5 years and no regrets.

I have a Snap On box and a couple Craftsman of various ages. I think the old Craftsman are great boxes, the newer not as much. The Snap On one I have is the lower end model, its been ok.. Nice, but I think when you step into a "professional" box, Matco makes a better one. If I was to buy a tool box over again, I would either get an old Craftsman or a "professional" name brand, or buy new from Harbor Freight. I have seen a few people in aviation and automotive do well with a US General box.

I have a Mac 44" double stack box that I've used since 02. I needed to upgrade to something bigger for the last 6 years or so but just crammed more into it. Have had to replace multiple sets of slides due to overloading it. If I was starting all over again I'd buy the 72" bottom box from Harbor Freight.

Probably a bit big for most people’s garages (including mine when I retired likely trade into something half the size )

Snap-on epiq series mr big, lockers and overheads. Matching krsc46 cart. Storm gray with titanium trim. Auto on/off lights in lockers and overheads.

180” total for the box and lockers.

Attachments

• 3A58F693-680E-475C-B4E4-2FDFA09F9009.jpeg
    3A58F693-680E-475C-B4E4-2FDFA09F9009.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 4220690F-E715-49FB-9173-0E2E9E0D5D63.jpeg
    4220690F-E715-49FB-9173-0E2E9E0D5D63.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 58
  • A07BBB57-586B-4A2A-B203-0B88D98F3EF3.jpeg
    A07BBB57-586B-4A2A-B203-0B88D98F3EF3.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 50
Probably a bit big for most people’s garages (including mine when I retired likely trade into something half the size )

Snap-on epiq series mr big, lockers and overheads. Matching krsc46 cart. Storm gray with titanium trim. Auto on/off lights in lockers and overheads.

I'm very jelly.

Sharp looking toolbox there that will last a lifetime and hold value reasonably well

Very nice!

Back