What style refrigerator do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
French doors it works well for family.

GE is crap in terms of plastics used and "abuse" from a family of 5 but they offer nice expensive replacements
smile.gif
Some Gorilla clear tape (New englander dream) is holding some plastic in place and does not look terrible.

Otherwise we like our GE French door made by Goldstart I believe in Korea we purchased in 2008.

Whirlpool french door (sliding drawer freezer on bottom). Water spout inside the fridge, left side panel. 9 months old, so no long-term review for now.

I had a similar unit, no water, never connected the ice maker. Still going after 4 years which is why we bought the model with water dispenser ^^^

I agree with the side by side being to narrow aka big-pizza-no-no.

Frigidaire top freezer model with ice maker. Came with the house has a 2014 build date. Already had to replace the door seal on the freezer and one of the crisper drawers is broken. Not a fan of this fridge at all. When it dies I will replace it with a Whirlpool(or Amana) like I've had and liked in my last two homes. I've had great luck with entry level Whirlpool appliances so far and have already replaced the Frigidaire dishwasher with an Amana after it died on me.

Whirlpool Gold French door with water and ice in the left door. My only complaint is the ice dispenser. An ice cube will get stuck in the door and fall out as it melts leaving a puddle on the floor

We got a Whirlpool French door freezer about a year ago, which replaced a Roper side by side. I will NEVER go back to the side by side style!

GE Profile stainless French door. Ice and water in the left door. A second icemaker in the bottom freezer. No problems in 6 years.

3 yr old Samsung stainless steel regular depth french door, bottom freezer, ice/water in left door, right door has the "door in door" feature where a small door can be opened to quickly grab frequently used items that you keep there, milk, jelly, eggs etc.
Bought refurbished for $1100

Last edited:
GE French Door, bottom freezer in Slate fingerprint resistant. I love it. My Wife hates it. She says the freezer is too small. I have to remind her that we are empty nesters now and don't need a huge freezer.

Had a GE French Door, bottom Freezer.; wife didn't like so back to 2 door fridge freezer left and cooler on right side. No Black hole for bottom freezer door for thinks too go abyss.

Originally Posted by ZZman
We decided to finally replace our 25 year old refrigerator. It is not freezing things well and the wife wants the water/ice in the door option.

We narrowed it down to either a French door or side by side and we finally decided on a counter depth GE side by side.

What style do you have?

The fridge on the bottom and freezer on the top, both top and bottom are single doors that open to the left in my fridges case. It came with my house. It works. I've had no impetus to change it.

I bought a stainless steel Bosch Series 800 a few months ago. French doors, 21 cubic feet, bottom freezer. So far so good. I have had Bosch appliances in the past and they never let me down.

2010 Maytag made in USA French door, ice and water in door. Love, love love it! Had a problem with drain clogging/freezing up, made a slight mod to drain nipple, good as new.

We had a side by side that came with the house, it was ok, but never really cared for it. Our last house we bought a French door fridge with no water or ice in door, big mistake.

Before that we had a fridge on top, freezer on bottom, non French door and it was ok, I hate bending over to get in fridge, problem with the door on freezer on this model is it wasnt a drawer so you had to get on your knees to get in there.

Before that was a traditional fridge. Water dispenser inside. Meh.

Main thing for me is freezer on bottom in a drawer and in door ice maker and water.

A plain white Whirlpool with freezer on top, nearly 30 years old. Still works great and we won't replace it until it fails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back