What size clear tube for flushing brake fluid on a 2015 Subaru Crosstrek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be doing a brake fluid flush on my Crosstrek in a month or so and I'm starting to research what I need. This will be a two-person flush, with one braking and the other managing the bleeder screw. What size clear tubing will I need to fit over the bleeder screw?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't know if your bleeders are are any different from any other but in one You Tube video the guy used 5/16 OD by 3/16 ID clear plastic tubing with a small cable tie to snug up the end. I found that size combo was easy to find.
smile.gif

Last edited:
You should measure the nipples, on both front and rear just in case they're different.

3/16" ID is a common size. If you get clear vinyl it stretches (until years of UV exposure harden it) and seals quite well (except in winter, the cold hinders that but merely holding it in your hand to warm it (or storing it in a heated area) helps a lot). Using vinyl I don't need any clamp or tie to make it seal on a bleeder screw nipple in reasonably good (non-corroded or sanded smooth on the perimeter sealing surface) condition.

Last edited:
Silicone hose works well for brake bleeding.

If you can splurge $13, this is the greatest brake bleeder catch can I have ever used. Schwaben 007481SCH01A.

Yank the tubing out of your aquarium. Do the brake job real quick before the fishes die. Maybe rinse out the tubing before you put it back? Probably should just buy new tubing, eh.
coffee2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back