What oil for a 2011 Mustang 3.7 V6?

Hello,new to the site.I have a fairly low mileage 2011 Mustang 3.7 V6 convertible.I purchased it a year ago with 2100 kms on it.Sunday go to church car basically.I changed the oil at 4400 kms(just because I wasnt sure when it was done last),it was still clean.I had Jiffy Lube install Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic in it at the time,$175.00 later.Ouch!10 months later Im at 12,000 km,5700 done in 2 weeks on a road trip this summer and I am looking for advice on the next oil change,hopefully not another $175.00.The car is a fair weather car and a lot of short trips around town.I drive it very easy.Thanks.

Just go to Walmart and get some Supertec synthetic in whatever grade your engine needs. You install or they will for less than half of that price. $175, that's absurd, did they upsell you any extras for that $175?

Just go to Walmart and get some Supertec synthetic in whatever grade your engine needs. You install or they will for less than half of that price. $175, that's absurd, did they upsell you any extras for that $175?
It takes 5w20.Thats a great idea about Walmart.There were no extras and I had a $12 coupon.They were trying to sell me the rear end fluid change for $200.00 but this car is barely broken in.Thanks.

Ramps for $20-30 and the oil change on that cannot be very difficult. Walmart has Motorcraft oil and filters, total cost under $30 per OCI.

Motorcraft oil at my WM is $31 and change for a 5 quart Jug. There are plenty of other oils like Mobil 1 that are cheaper and likely better.

I like the 3.7 mustangs a lot!
the 3.7 is not hard on oil.
If you don't want to change oil too often, I would use Mobil 1 0w-40 Euro or Mobil 1 EP 10w-30 for 10k miles with a Fram Ultra XG10575
I'd give the nod to the 0w-40 Euro if I saw both on the shelf to choose.

$175 is too much for an oil change in either Canada or the US. Get a quality jack and jack stands. Schedule a day off and get some newspaper and a oil catch pan. After all the supplies you are still going to be cheaper than the cost of one oil change at iffy lube. Get any top tier synthetic and whatever oil filter of your choice. It's rewarding to know what exactly goes into your engine. Plus nobody upselling unneeded air filters or fuel injector cleanings.

Whaaaaaaaa ??????? $175 for a oil change ??????? :unsure:

Better call the RCMP cause you got SCAMMED :oops::oops:

Even Ford dealer will be WAY cheaper and some dealers run "Oil change promos". Heck when I worked at GM dealer a full syn Mobil 1 oil change and filter was $65 for 6qts. But these are USA deals, have no clue whats going on in Moose country lol

Dave

Even Ford dealer will be WAY cheaper and some dealers run "Oil change promos". Heck when I worked at GM dealer a full syn Mobil 1 oil change and filter was $65 for 6qts. But these are USA deals, have no clue whats going on in Moose country lol

Dave
[/QUOTol,yes

Dave
Lol,yes a lot of items are more $ here.You would never get a 6 qt synthetic oil change at a dealer here for $65.It would be double and a bit.

o.p. mighty try valvoline instant oil change shops in the gta: cdn$88 for synthetic, cdn$62 with groupon discount; cdn$68/47 for semisynthetic.

Oil & Filter from Walmart and have any independent shop you trust change it. It's $20 here to change with customer supplied oil and filter. In Canada might be $30-40.

Oil & Filter from Walmart and have any independent shop you trust change it. It's $20 here to change with customer supplied oil and filter. In Canada might be $30-40.

Always did that before getting ramps. Yes $20 is the usual. Used to give the guy a cig too so he doesn't rush closing the plug😁😁😁

Motorcraft 5W-20 and Motorcraft filters from Wal-Mart, once a year. Get yourself a decent set of ramps and a crescent wrench, change it yourself. Small investment there will pay for itself over and over.

Super Tech Full Synthetic 5W20 and a Super Tech Oil Filter -- $18.48 out the door. Just purchased that combo yesterday. Get yourself a set of Rhino Ramps that you will more than likely -- have forever. Possibly an oil filter wrench. Watch acouple You Tube videos on exactly how until you have the confidence --- "you got this!!!" ;)

Dale

Super Tech Full Synthetic 5W20 and a Super Tech Oil Filter -- $18.48 out the door. Just purchased that combo yesterday. Get yourself a set of Rhino Ramps that you will more than likely -- have forever. Possibly an oil filter wrench. Watch acouple You Tube videos on exactly how until you have the confidence --- "you got this!!!" ;)

Dale
Yeah I will probably do it myself.Ive done many oil changes over the years,just getting lazy in my old age lol.Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is $61.99 for 5 liters at Walmart here.Mustang takes 5.7.

Back