What oil and filter for 2012 Hyundai Tuscon 4 cylinder in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Originally Posted by Propflux01
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Original equipment Hyundai filter and current 5W30 SN plus oil, of any major brand name.

This ^^^^^

Also in agreement with this. I would feel extremely comfortable running 5w30 in Florida with seldom highway driving.

This is the correct answer.

I have two Hyundais, a 2011 and 2016. The owner's manuals call of 5W20 or 5W30 oils. I use 5W30 in Canada with no problems. This ain't rocket science.

Use Magnatec or Pennzoil/RGT, my experience shows these oils perform best in HyunKia engines

Any API SN Plus Synthetic Blend or Synthetic will be fine. As for filters, OEM, Mobil1, Napa, Wix, Fram etc... will all work well too.

Remember, there are thousands more people using dealer conventional bulk and quick lube conventional and jobber filters than there are do-it-yourselfers out there and their vehicles are non-worse-for-wear.

Originally Posted by wemay
Any API SN Plus Synthetic Blend or Synthetic will be fine. As for filters, OEM, Mobil1, Napa, Wix, Fram etc... will all work well too.

Remember, there are thousands more people using dealer conventional bulk and quick lube conventional and jobber filters than there are do-it-yourselfers out there and their vehicles are non-worse-for-wear.

Have you become tired of these HyunKia talks and got rid of your Sportage?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SlavaB

smile.gif

Haha, not at all. My first love is VW. It was the car of my youth and my Dad drove the family down from New York in his Beetle in 1973. I've owned everything from a VW Corrado G60 to a few Golf and GTIs to racing a few SCCA Rally races in a VW Fox (without much success). So... turning 50 this year and said i wanted a VW again. The 2019s still get the 72k mile bumper to bumper so i pulled the trigger. But there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Sportage.

Sorry for the longwinded answer.
48.gif

Originally Posted by SlavaB

smile.gif

Haha, not at all. My first love is VW. It was the car of my youth and my Dad drove the family down from New York in his Beetle in 1973. I've owned everything from a VW Corrado G60 to a few Golf and GTIs to racing a few SCCA Rally races in a VW Fox (without much success). So... turning 50 this year and said i wanted a VW again. The 2019s still get the 72k mile bumper to bumper so i pulled the trigger. But there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Sportage.

Sorry for the longwinded answer.
48.gif

The wife may trade the SFS in for a Telluride, Pallisade or new Highlander next year sometime.

Originally Posted by MParr

Sorry folks, the 2012 Tucson has the Beta II engine. So the Theta engine panic doesn't apply.

The Beta 2 (G4GC), made exclusively in Ulsan Korea, was phased out in 2012 and the 2.0L Theta2 (G4KE) or the 2.4L Theta2 (G4KC), mfg in Alabama, began to be used in the 2012 Tucson.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Sorry folks, the 2012 Tucson has the Beta II engine. So the Theta engine panic doesn't apply.

The Beta 2 (G4GC), made exclusively in Ulsan Korea, was phased out in 2012 and the 2.0L Theta2 (G4KE) or the 2.4L Theta2 (G4KC), mfg in Alabama, began to be used in the 2012 Tucson.

I stand corrected. However, I was only half wrong. The 2.0 Beta II was the standard engine offering. The 2.4 Theta was an optional engine in the GLS version.

I stand corrected. However, I was only half wrong. The 2.0 Beta II was the standard engine offering. The 2.4 Theta was an optional engine in the GLS version.

Indeed it was.. and you'd prolly be better off having that Beta engine IMO but anyhow...Kia/Hyundai did this with my model year. They introduced a slightly different variant of the Lamda engine in August of '09. I always have to use the VIN on parts to make sure they're compatible because of the mid year engine change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back