What kind of line is this? (Air compressor)

What kind of copper line would this be? It runs from the pump to the tank. I’m in need of a custom line for a different pump.

Attachments

• 2257EC2C-74DA-44FD-95CC-827E8DC1A6A4.jpeg
    2257EC2C-74DA-44FD-95CC-827E8DC1A6A4.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 75
Would steel gas pipe be a suitable replacement?

Yes as long as it meets the requirements- copper is just easier to fab and is a bit more tolerant of a recips vibration and pulsing on small units but big machines use castings and regular steel pipe.

Compressors don't have much pressure any copper line would work . I have a similar compressor which I though was worn out until I took the effort to trouble shoot it and the copper line was cracked so some soft copper line and ferrules fixed the problem

Last edited:
Compressors don't have much pressure any copper line would work . I have a similar compressor which I though was worn out until I took the effort to trouble shoot it and the copper line was cracked so some soft copper line and ferrules fixed the problem

Properly functioning, no they don't but if that in tank check that the discharge pipe usually goes straight into ever fails and the pressure switch doesn't see the cut off pressure- the pump can and will pump until it explodes. I have had to investigate a few of these and true they are rare but theres a reason many things are done certain ways. Not just because it can be done easier.

Back