What is this person's duties and responsibilities. Ground watch tower at NRT.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Finay was able to catch a picture of this weird ground watch tower at NRT. There is always a guy in there. I have no idea what he does, and have never seen a ground tower like this anywhere else in the world.

Looks.like a very lonely job.... And the fenced in trees surrounding the tower add another mistery to this scene.

PXL_20230816_061547670.jpg
PXL_20230816_061537504.jpg
PXL_20230816_061526955.jpg

Took a second to dig it up. Interesting history from a different part of the world. There are some houses/shacks/etc inside that fence. I believe that some of the protestors were based out of there.

There is still one farmer that farms his land, it is interesting that the airport has multiple tunnels to allow him to get to parts of his property.

Google has a bit of a synthetic 3d view of the area:

1692175338228.png

I'm going with guard shack, just in case the protestors come back or try to get in there.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GON
Another great post.
I'm with ctech. The bloke in the wee tower is there to be asked, "What happened?", if anything does.
By extension, I'd bet he has the capacity to communicate with layers of people/entities.

Lots of interesting stuff over there. At the end of one of the runways there is a Shinto shrine. I have seen the golf course that sits right off one of the runways. They have viewing areas so people can park and watch planes come and go.

I wonder how they are coming along with the third runway? The terminals have certainly gotten larger

Reactions: GON
Back