what is logic for changing oil every year? (Even if driven 0 miles)

People like to change oil, it's good to have "new" oil in there, not "old" oil. It's just terrible to use old oil.

hy•gro•scop•ic is usually the reason, although running the engine to get it hot will cause the water to vapor out.

Leave a jug of oil open for 1yr, it will get heavier as the oil sucks in water.

I LIKE "old oil." I regularly send in samples for UOA. What point of reference is "old oil?" How do you know the oil sitting on the shelf in the store isn't "old?" Please clarify or more specifically define your terms?

I LIKE "old oil." I regularly send in samples for UOA. What point of reference is "old oil?" How do you know the oil sitting on the shelf in the store isn't "old?" Please clarify or more specifically define your terms?
Old as in timely old. I am not sure how many people look at oil bottles to try and figure out how old they are, but people do look for the old stuff which is typically up front. I always push the front stuff to the side or place it on other shelves to get to the items in the back. I always want to buy the newest stuff whether is be car wax or a loaf of bread. If the oil in engine is just old time wise, even if not used, they tend to think it's bad and replace it. Does oil ever really go bad? If old used oil is filtered and replenished with some add pak stuff it's good for another Hyundai 7500 oci.

Back