What health supplements do you take and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Multivitamin if I remember to take it.. and addition vitamin C and D. Healthy eating replaces need for vitamins, and exercise is also key. I dont do as much as I should of either
frown.gif

I took a lot of stuff about 5 yrs ago from Arginine to Probiotics....but have cut back on them quite a bit.

Now it's

Vit D3 and/or plenty of UVB from the sun April-Sept. The sun is 3X more efficient than supplements imo. You can't get adequate D3 from food.
Vit C
Now brand multi vit with heavy B's
CoQ10
Kyolic aged garlic extract (I eat a lot of raw garlic too)...blood thinner, antioxidant, blood pressure control
Hawthorne berry exract

If you eat 3-4 really healthy meals a day high in veg's and fruits, you can probably get the nutrients you except for some of those I listed. You can get the K2 from leafy greens and other veggies.

I started taking the CoQ10 for blood pressure/heart health/general anti-oxidant and found it almost immediately cleared up minor bleeding in the gums that I'd always had, even despite a healthy diet. No bleeding in 8 yrs now no matter what I eat or how hard I floss. Did some research and found other people have had similar results.

Three to four cups of coffee every day, eggs every morning, glass of wine with lunch and dinner. Physical every year with blood work. Doc says I am in fine shape for 70. Also walk two miles every day. Don't see any reason for anything else. If I get to where I can't change my own oil and filter I will look into what changes I need to make.

D3 5000u during the winter, as i test deficient.
Multivitamin
magnesium malate and citicholine for a vascular eye issue.

Last edited:
Daily multivitamin
BCAAs
Whey protein Isolate
Lots of broccoli and cabbage.
JYM Pre Workout love that stuff.

Last edited:
Diet-wise:

- freshly-ground flax & coconut oil on my oatmeal every morning. (Found out about coconut oil here on BITOG.)

- Sierra Sil for joint health.

- Vitamin D in the winter. (Even though I spend a lot of time outdoors, it's dark when I get to work and dark when I leave - and even during my lunchtime walk I'm pretty bundled up.)

- An iron supplement when I remember. (I'm near-vegetarian and a regular blood donor, and have to be careful to not let my hemoglobin get too low.)

Recently I've started taking a probiotic supplement - I'm only a couple of weeks into it so far, so no verdict yet.

The health biggies for me are probably a near-vegetarian diet, and daily exercise.

I'm just under 6' and have crept up to over 180 lbs now - would love to lose 20 lbs. I was fittest in my late-20s and weighed only 148, but I don't think it's realistic that I'll get back to that.

D3, Fish Oil, B-Complex, and Magnesium
Severely limit Bread/Pastry/Sugar. Lots of fruits.
Gym every day, lots of walking.
I do take a few medications including a statin

CoQ10 is something I have thought about looking into but as of right now, I know nothing about it.

I took a D3 vitamin several years ago and should probably look back into it for a few the winter months.

Several here have mentioned a healthy diet and that is something I adopted about 5 years ago.
Foods I cut out are: dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, beef and peanuts.

I only eat chicken or fish and limit my meat intake to once a day. No fried foods.
Right now my vice is hummus. I could eat my own weight in one sitting.

I do lack exercise but I'm trying to change that.

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
Foods I cut out are: dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, beef and peanuts.

I think that's 95% of my diet right there, although the peanuts aren't that common for me.
wink.gif

There are a thousand different supplements on the market that are supposed to be good for you.

For the most part these supplements will not harm you, but the benefits are well, lets just say speculative in many cases. With a good healthy diet I suspect you will get plenty of what you need.

NatureMade Fish Oil,Magnesium,B Complex, and Multi Vitamin as well as Pines Wheatgrass. Most are USP certified and when I was at pharmacy it was the most trusted/bought brand.

Multivitamin

Fish Oil

Machine Motion (Joint support)

AllDayYouMay (Liver,BCAA's)

I'm at the gym 4-5 times a week.

I put a heaping scoop of soy and whey protein and chia powder in my water in the morning, and drink up.

I also eat an orange a day.

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
Multivitamin

Fish Oil

AllDayYouMay?

I watch his videos and he is very interesting.

I take GNC Mega Men multivitamins every day,and pop a few supplements before I lift weights followed by a huge glass of whey protein.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
Multivitamin

Fish Oil

AllDayYouMay?

I watch his videos and he is very interesting.

Yup,his supplements are very good. I've got several in my kitchen.
wink.gif

I watch his videos daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back