What do you guys think of the new Nissan 400z?

Screenshot_20220206-141916_YouTube.jpg

I love watching stuff like this!

Most recent development: Arrange somehow to meet me at O'Hare (I'll come get you,) we jump my car I've talked about in this thread, if you can pay for the gas for the car down to Texas, I would come with you but technically you only need driving the one.. it's yours, while your Z32 awaits restoration.

Then you have a DD Z32 oddball knock-off that people still and never will know what it is, AND a Z32. :)

Text or message me when you can. @aquariuscsm

Hard to imagine we're at a point where we're asking if 400 HP is enough. My WRX is only rated for 268 HP and that's at the crank I believe. Wheels are more like 220 HP. Without launching it (getting into first gear lightly and then hammering it after) I can get it to 60 MPH in 6 seconds. For a daily driver I think it's pretty good. Can't imagine nearly double the power. It's already quick enough to send me to prison.

I think after a certain point HP doesn't matter, but how the power is delivered and put down is far more important. It's why a GT86/BRZ is able to keep up with a Cayman in the corners.

I'd rather take a BRZ with my WRX's engine than a 500 HP boat.
6 seconds is a long time these days

By what I know about the 400z, it is a nice design and I am glad that Nissan is still building an affordable performance car. But I sure hope they fix the rear end styling, it is awful. The rear styling of the Z has always been very distinctive and now it looks like everything else out there, particularly a newer Mustang. They can do better.

Back