What did you buy or are you going to buy for Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at the ads and nothing jumped out at me. Wife likes going out but she says it's not really bad anymore--not when Black Friday now starts at 6pm on Thursday--she headed out around 8 and got home around 11. I don't think she got much this year.

Originally Posted by madRiver
A $5 amazon smart plug using Alexa.

Excited to not unplug Xmas tree lights.

Got about a half dozen of them around the house.. they're pretty slick.

I'm deciding between a 75" Sony X900F or a 65" Samsung Q90. If I go with the Sony I'll also get the Sony X800M2 BDP; choosing the Samsung means upgrading to the Panasonic UB820 BDP.

Originally Posted by MCompact
I'm deciding between a 75" Sony X900F or a 65" Samsung Q90. If I go with the Sony I'll also get the Sony X800M2 BDP; choosing the Samsung means upgrading to the Panasonic UB820 BDP.

Samsung.

So I lied, was at Ventura Raceway last night for the Turkey Night Grand Prix. During a rain delay I bought shirts from Kyle Larson's merchandise hauler. They were normally $25ea but they did 2 for $40.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by madRiver
A $5 amazon smart plug using Alexa.

Excited to not unplug Xmas tree lights.

Got about a half dozen of them around the house.. they're pretty slick.

Just listening in our your conversations.....

I picked up a Dewalt table saw + rolling stand, Thermoworks instant read thermometer, Yeti Ramblers, and heated socks for the wife.

I wasn't planning on buying anything, but our TV started showing an all pink screen when it was turned on, and we'd have to turn it off and back on again to get rid of it. This was a sign that something was about to go out, so we bought a new 70 " TV...

Originally Posted by supton
Looked at the ads and nothing jumped out at me. Wife likes going out but she says it's not really bad anymore--not when Black Friday now starts at 6pm on Thursday--she headed out around 8 and got home around 11. I don't think she got much this year.

Lots of malls are seeing less foot traffic on Black Friday with so many deals online.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by supton

Lots of malls are seeing less foot traffic on Black Friday with so many deals online.

Shopping malls seem to be going by the wayside. Now days, people shop online, or they go to these little city-like shopping areas, which to me, I could never understand. Why go somewhere to shop where you're constantly walking outside to go from store to store? Wouldn't a mall, where all of the stores are inside, be a nicer shopping experience?

Originally Posted by grampi

Now days, people shop online, or they go to these little city-like shopping areas, which to me, I could never understand. Why go somewhere to shop where you're constantly walking outside to go from store to store?

It's classy and replicates the High Street shopping experience found in European towns.

My father wanted to buy me a "big screen" TV for Christmas. So, I shopped a few different places online. Found a Samsung "65 4K Smart TV at Walmart, with a 3 year warranty, for $578.00. Waiting for it to be delivered this evening.

Went to the gym, relaxed afterwards and watched a movie.

I could care less about Black Friday / CyberMonday

Bought two (one for me, one for someone else) Fire HD 8 tablets (32 GB models) for $59 each ($50 off each). Been eyeballing tablets for easier internet use over my smartphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back