What company manufactured this battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this one over 4 years ago. It was a "reconditioned" battery from a local battery store. I think I paid $29 for it and it came with a 30 day warranty. I bought it to run a 12v piece of equipment.

I ran the equipment once. I ran the battery till it was dead. I went home and charged it. It sat on the shelf 2 years. I did occasionally put it on a charger. Maybe 2x a year I charged it.

I then bought my tractor so I put it in the tractor. It has started the tractor flawlessly for 2 years now. It sits out in the weather. Gets bounced around in my tractor etc.

It has out lived most new name brand batteries!!! Its ugly and faded. Its been sitting since last Saturday when I last ran the tractor and shows 12.80v still.

Are those caps Exide caps? Johnson? Deka?

IMG_20190620_212604.jpg

I use to work for Johnson Controls and I can tell you that the casing and the strap handle doesn't look like anything I've seen made at Johnson Controls.

Doesn't matter who made it, they probably don't exist now - any company that builds "good" batteries like this is probably not around anymore, LOL

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by talest
It has got a carry strap!

Ya. A strap and not a piece of plastic.

Remniscent of some old quality Interstate battery. WAG.

Exide battery Heh Heh . I guess it is possible that Exide made ONE good battery. I bought 2 once and neither made it to the end of the warranty. That was 25 yrs ago.. Haven't tried one since.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by andyd
Exide battery Heh Heh . I guess it is possible that Exide made ONE good battery. I bought 2 once and neither made it to the end of the warranty. That was 25 yrs ago.. Haven't tried one since.
grin2.gif

Maybe the guy that reconditioned it fixed Exides Failure?
wink.gif

looks like an exide.
and the "reconditioning" at such a shop is limited to finding the good ones that are just run down and charging them.
maybe equalizing lazy ones that are still fairly new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back