What an awesome day! Met Cole Macedo and his team!

So I’m in the Central Valley for work, and I also happened to be introducing one of our equipment vendors to @High Performance Lubricants (which resulted in a new customer from a cold call!) and Dave asked if I like World of Outlaws cars. Well, yeah, of course I love anything that weighs 1425lbs and has over 900HP!

So, I graciously accepted an invite to the Tarlton Racing compound, and boy oh boy was it awesome! Drew (team semi driver and organizer) gave me a tour of the whole facility, including meeting Cole Macedo and Nate, one of the other team members. As you’ll see by the pics below, their team (including his brother Carson Macedo) are all-in with HPL.

If any of you are aspiring WoO drivers, it looks like BA Racing 10w50 is your ticket! I spent about an hour getting the down n’ dirty (no proprietary stuff of course) and Drew and the team were kind enough to let me take the pics you see below.

Then I explained a little about the industry I’m in (although I’d much prefer racing!) and that we have a plant nearby. I’m currently trying to arrange a plant tour at our facility for the Tarlton team- hospitality works both ways! - and it will also be neat for the plant, since Cole is a local guy and famous! Hopefully I’ll have some of those pics to add later to this thread. On to the Tarlton shop pics! Enjoy, and thanks Dave!!
img_3134-jpeg.205535

IMG_3135.jpeg
IMG_3136.jpeg
IMG_3137.jpeg
IMG_3138.jpeg
IMG_3139.jpeg
IMG_3148.jpeg
IMG_3146.jpeg
IMG_3155.jpeg
IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3134.jpeg

Few different engine builders on display. What series do they run that Stanton Mopar in or is that just part of the induction ? Stanton used to build many motors back in the day.

The Stanton Mopar is actually midget engine. You’re looking at four cylinders not eight.

The Kistler and the Rider are small black Chevy based in the majority of these engines still have 23° heads

Few different engine builders on display. What series do they run that Stanton Mopar in or is that just part of the induction ? Stanton used to build many motors back in the day.

You are correct. Somebody took a sawzall to that small block!

Funny you should say that. Ron Hoetles who owned Sesco actually did that not only in line he also did a 2 x 4 Sesco, which was a V4 arrangement. Ron is truly a brilliant man I was with him one time his Dyno was in his basement and rumor has It he vented the exhaust into the sewer and one day with a lot of excessive, idling, and one little after fire, he generated a explosion in the sewer in the neighborhood with the amount of alcohol saturated in the sewer system, I’m sure the neighbors did a little head scratching.

There is a pretty nice display of Ron‘s work at Speedy’s Bill’s Museum at Speedway motors. It’s worth seeing.

David

Nothing beats a 410 Sprint car at full song. It is by far my favorite type of car to watch. Dirt Super Late Models are a close 2nd.

That said you kinda have to be a little nuts to drive one... ~1400 lbs with driver and 900hp! It once was described to me like being strapped into a high chair with an engine between your knees and a driveshaft running under you. Fun, but have to respect them!

Just my $0.02

Back