Well, my stash just hit 100 quarts. Is that a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had more.

9 gallons of 0w20 Idemitsu on clearance.
10 gallons of Castrol 0w20 free.
5 quarts Mobil 1 0w20, full price.
6 gallons of Shell Rotella T 15w40, sale I don't remember price.

81 quarts for two vehicles, together they take 13 quarts. About 2 changes per year.

The shell goes in quads, motorcycle, generator, etc.

I will be getting 10 more gallons of 5w20 castrol soon for free. I forgot it last week but going back to where it is soon. Why not stock up if you can?

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
I wish I had more.

81 quarts for two vehicles, together they take 13 quarts. About 2 changes per year.

I will be getting 10 more gallons of 5w20 castrol soon for free. I forgot it last week but going back to where it is soon. Why not stock up if you can?

Share on the castrol score?

Well youve go me beat by a few liters..
the pic shows 70 lts... + about 6 or so lts in my garage cabinet waiting for the next OCI..
left side is 5-20 // right is 5-30 mostly PUP .. only a few left of reg PP.
J.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Saul
Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
I wish I had more.

Share on the castrol score?

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...ver#Post4673557

Sorry, not a deal available for everyone.

Originally Posted By: jj51702
What does ur wife/gf/bf think about ur stash?

My wife could care less. Why would she? I'm not asking her to change the oil or storing the oil in our house. It's in the garage, out of sight out of mind for her.

She thinks it is a bit much, but when I explained to her how cheaply I got the oil and that it isn't vehicle specific and most of it could be used on any of our cars, she was cool with it. I'm always sure to mention it when it is time to change the oil in a car. "Well, this would've cost us $60 at the dealer, or $30 if I'd gone to Walmart last night...but because I bought this oil on clearance and the filters in bulk (or on clearance) it is only costing us $13...and nothing out of pocket now."

She thinks I am an idiot, but that has nothing to do with the oil stash.
smile.gif

She does think I am weird, but also understands I am saving money, which she is for.

Originally Posted By: mrdctaylor
I picked up a Mobil 1 jug + filter at Autozone for $29.99 to get the $17 rebate today at lunch. I keep up with my stash in a spreadsheet and realized that I just went over 100 quarts. I should probably stop now. I'm curious though: is 101 quarts small potatoes on BITOG? Or is that a lot? FWIW, I maintain 4 cars and only buy oil when I come across a clearance or an awesome rebate.

You only need 1 Mobil 1 HM
19.gif

Just to inspire you (I hope), during the original GC craze i got up to about 270 quarts. Not saying that was smart but just that “it was what it was.”
11.gif

My general line of thinking would be that if the stash can be used within two years time then you are okay. Having 5 or 10 years worth of oil is a bit much. You might change vehicles and end up with a lot of oil you cannot use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back