Weathertech vs. Husky

Looking to purchase a set of front floor liners for the new Pilot we purchased on Wednesday (details in new car thread.)
Both are priced within $20 of each other.
I put a set of Weathertechs in the Accord and have been happy with them.
Those familiar with the Husky. What are the advantages/disadvantages of them? Any reasons to go with them vs. the Weathertechs?

I've owned full sets of both and find them to always fit well. Never had an issue with either. For me, the only drawback if you want to call it that is, in high traffic areas, such as where kits go in/out of the vehicle in the winter and track in a ton of snow, you have to soak up the liquid or it will eventually slosh over the side of the mat and soak the carpet.

Just to add a third option in to the mix, I don't know if you've explored Oedro, but the set for my Ram 1500 is awesome and when I got them, they were half the cost the above.

I purchased Husky liners for the wife’s RAV4. Made in the US, could not be happier. I did research on both both make great products and have good reviews. In my case Husky was little cheaper and fit very well.

I've owned full sets of both and find them to always fit well. Never had an issue with either. For me, the only drawback if you want to call it that is, in high traffic areas, such as where kits go in/out of the vehicle in the winter and track in a ton of snow, you have to soak up the liquid or it will eventually slosh over the side of the mat and soak the carpet.

Just to add a third option in to the mix, I don't know if you've explored Oedro, but the set for my Ram 1500 is awesome and when I got them, they were half the cost the above.

This is an interesting proposition.
I could do the front and the rear for less than I could do just the front using one of the other two.
How does the thickness of material compare to the WT or Husky?

Reactions: JTK
This is an interesting proposition.
I could do the front and the rear for less than I could do just the front using one of the other two.
How does the thickness of material compare to the WT or Husky?

I find the construction, material thickness and consistency to be like Weathertech. The thing with any of these mats is, the mats vary from make/model, so fitment depends more on the vehicle design than the mat make/design IMO. I like Oedro so much that they are my go to if they have mats for my vehicle. OT, but my brother bought a set of tubular step sides for his Ram from Oedro a year or two ago. They look like new yet even after Buffalo winters.

I've always thought Weathertech was a bit overrated. My brother installed a Husky set in his car and really likes the "fit" over the previous Weathertech.

I like Husky Xact Contour much better than Weathertech. They sit better, feel softer, and are MUCH less slippery in wet and snowy weather.
Husky are in a F150, the Weathertechs are in a Ram 1500. So not sure if they are different from pickups to SUVs.

I purchased Husky liners for the wife’s RAV4. Made in the US, could not be happier. I did research on both both make great products and have good reviews. In my case Husky was little cheaper and fit very well.
I bought Husky liners, thought they were US made. Sadly they're not. Great quality product though.

I bought Husky liners, thought they were US made. Sadly they're not. Great quality product though.

Which model did you buy?
According to their site, they are made in the USA (at least the model I am looking at.)

I like Husky Xact Contour much better than Weathertech. They sit better, feel softer, and are MUCH less slippery in wet and snowy weather.
Husky are in a F150, the Weathertechs are in a Ram 1500. So not sure if they are different from pickups to SUVs.

That's good information.
One of the gripes Mrs. Tdbo has is that the Weathertechs we have are slippery when it gets wet or snowy.

WT for Sis' 1988 Jeep Cherokee..........A+
Husky for her 1999 Jeep Cherokee......A+ Were the same price as WT at the time and essentially the same product.
3D Maxpider for a 2016 Mazda3.........AA+...especially for those wanting a "less rubber mat" look. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me.
Husky fronts for my 2005 Ranger.........C the material was adequate to the task but stiff and the "door edge" is a raised lip as if Husky thought the entire thing would line a footwell. They were specially priced so maybe they were really "semi-universals" for both 2nd & 3rd generation Rangers....don't know....ain't losing any sleep over it.
Rensi (Sweden) for a 2002 P2 Volvo.....B Really just footwell-and-up-the-firewall-a-bit liners. The only ones available.

I've had both and I prefer the Husky liners. The Xact Contour fit perfectly and they feel like a soft rubber as opposed to a harder plastic. Also, all of the Husky liners I've bought have been made in the USA.

I recently bought a set of 3D Maxpider mats for my truck and they are great.

I do not have to deal with snow and slush though, although I think they would be just fine. The front mats fit exceptionally well in my truck.

Back