Walmart And Chevron Supreme

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Walmart notes this on Chevron Supreme oil........

Make sure to change out this oil every 3,000 miles or three months, whichever comes first. Check with your vehicle manual to determine that it's compatible with 5W30 formula.

I assumed it was a marketing ploy to get you to step up to Super Tech oil..........
I just called Chevron and this will be brought up today at a meeting. They were unaware of it.
I have been meaning to call for months.... finally did...............

How is this even possible?
Chevron Supreme 5w30 is SN plus yet they are throwing out a broad blanket telling consumers when to change this oil?
And of all things, 3000 miles is their requirement?
I don't believe it. Pictures or BS.

3E46FAFE-C508-4B44-BA69-BA5E4FED2F8C.jpeg

Weird....I've seen the VOA's and UOA's on this exact oil and I would easily run it 4k to 5k miles for my severe driving applications in the mountains here even. If I was still living in Texas easily a 5K to 6K mile run. That's just my motor personally. But a blanket statement like 3k miles sounds like something off the ad boards a Jiffy Lube. And in less I missed it, can't find that on their site even. https://www.chevronlubricants.com/en_us/home/products/chevron-supreme-motor-oils.html

It was clearly Walmart advertising blurb not from Chevron. To tell you the truth if I were in marketing at a big oil company supplying to Walmart, I would have someone proofreading all of its ads for my products. You could use college interns to do that. To be unaware of it for months, Chevron seems asleep at the wheel.

An employee of a large auto parts store chain once bad mouthed Chevron Supreme motor oil to me.

I knew otherwise--this stuff's hydrocracked.

When I reported this to Chevron corporate,
they sent me a free six-pack
of Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

😎

An employee of a large auto parts store chain once bad mouthed Chevron Supreme motor oil to me.

😎
Isn't pretty much all motor oil hydrocracked now. Even when I looked up the SDS for the SP rated MAG1 monograde oils a few weeks ago the datasheets reflected that they use heavily refined base stocks which I assume means they're all group II and not solvent refined.

Isn't pretty much all motor oil hydrocracked now. Even when I looked up the SDS for the SP rated MAG1 monograde oils a few weeks ago the datasheets reflected that they use heavily refined base stocks which I assume means they're all group II and not solvent refined.

Agreed.

Chevron Supreme has been touted as being hydrocracked years and years,
since before XOM vs Castrol.

I can remember going to an Oil Stop oil change center (Chevron affiliate) long ago,
and hearing them claim Chevron Supreme was every bit as good as the synthetics of the day.

Wasn't this oil once the darling of BITOG ?

😎

Next time ask for a 6 pack of beer. :)

Walmart notes this on Chevron Supreme oil........

Make sure to change out this oil every 3,000 miles or three months, whichever comes first. Check with your vehicle manual to determine that it's compatible with 5W30 formula.

I assumed it was a marketing ploy to get you to step up to Super Tech oil..........
I just called Chevron and this will be brought up today at a meeting. They were unaware of it.
I have been meaning to call for months.... finally did...............

I don't see that disclaimer on the Walmart site I visited, even checked your reference to the 6-pack.

I don't see that disclaimer on the Walmart site I visited, even checked your reference to the 6-pack.

Still there now........

See our disclaimer

Chevron Supreme Motor Oil, 5W30, provides fuel economy benefits and emissions system protection. It comes in a bottle with a grip for more steady and consistent pours. This auto motor oil minimizes piston deposits and engine sludge deposits. The formula delivers proven wear protection for long equipment life. Make sure to change out this oil every 3,000 miles or three months, whichever comes first. Check with your vehicle manual to determine that it's compatible with 5W30 formula.
Chevron Supreme Motor Oil, 5W30:
  • Premium quality automotive engine oils formulated with high quality base stocks
  • Contain detergent, dispersant, wear control and foam suppressant additives
  • Meets or exceeds service requirements of cars and light truck manufacturers specifying an ILSAC GF-5 or API SN motor oil

I cannot get Chevron Supreme at my local Walmart. I did however find some one day that I believe was a return item that had been shipped to a customer then returned for whatever reason. I grabbed all three bottles and they rang up for $5 each at the register. Yippee! When I go and visit family in another state I have found their local Walmart does sell Chevron Supreme and for less than Supertech.

The only chevron (5w30) branded oil at my Wal-Mart is currently on the clearance isle for $3.66 a quart. I keep watching to see if they reduce it but it's been there for 6 months.
Have you scanned the price tag, I find that walmart often reduces clearance items and doesn't bother to retag them

Back