Wagon superiority thread

Can't wait to hear your results on the move up to IS38!
I can't wait. Turbo should be here this week. Intercooler and charge pipes next week then having it all installed hopefully by first week in October. Will change oil/plugs out before it goes in for the upgrade. The IS20 is fantastic so hoping this is even better.

Last edited:
This was my Lada 2104, I got it off a one careful lady owner @ 40,000km. No extras of any kind...it did have a heater, but you couldn't turn it off. I should've kept it, but it didn't have a towbar, and as surplus vehicle it had to go.

Lada 2104 002.jpg

How about one of these things. I had the same one, same color 95 Ford Windstar LX, nice driving vehicle.
1600392508201.jpeg

I love wagons. Once owned a 1983 Toyota Corolla wagon. Would love to find a low mileage Jeep Eagle wagon! Put snow tires on it and it would be the bomb in snow country!!!!

Would love to find a low mileage Jeep Eagle wagon! Put snow tires on it and it would be the bomb in snow country!!!!

Those were actually branded as AMC Eagle wagons except for the very last ones that were simply badged "Eagle" after the Chrysler buyout. I've owned a couple of them over the years and they are indeed the bomb for driving through snow and on slippery roads even on ordinary nothing-special tires. At this point though after having the tinworm chew up a couple of them on me I'd be reluctant to use a nice low-mileage example on salted winter roads. (They had excellent factory rustproofing but decades of winter use still takes its toll.)

My best friend when I was young had an Eagle in pristine condition. We deer hunted in it, very capable vehicle.

I drive a Subaru Outback. To me it is a wagon, but it is sold as some sort of go anywhere utility type vehicle. I suspect most don't consider it a wagon. To those potential purchasers who did consider it a wagon, they probably purchased a Forrester which is similar to the outback in functionality but looks a bit less like a wagon than the outback.

Can't believe Buick still makes the Regal and theres a wagon version of it called the TourX

Starts at $30K and comes standard with AWD

They must be rare ???? I live in Dallas have only seen 1 on a chevy lot as a used car

Dave

1600947813870.jpg

Can't believe Buick still makes the Regal and theres a wagon version of it called the TourX

Starts at $30K and comes standard with AWD

They must be rare ???? I live in Dallas have only seen 1 on a chevy lot as a used car

Dave
Yep - been out for a while and of course discontinued b/c well....'Merica! It's a German-built Opal. I see them from time to time here in VA - when I bought my VW I considered it, just a bit too big for what I was looking for.

TourX is extremely rare. I've seen 2 of them other than mine in Utah and 1 other one when i went to Colorado to pickup my Alltrack. They are big wagon fans in Colorado. TourX is a fantastic cruising wagon and can be had for great prices if you can find.

Here is my 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon I purchased new when the kids were little. It has 156,000 miles and is our spare car for when they come home to visit. It also is our backup car when I take one of our other vehicles out of service for maintenance. That way I’m not pressured for time. It has automatic AC, rear disk brakes and a third row jump seat. A few dings and a touch of rust for character. :)

DD8FA826-4BC3-4150-A88A-B527AA3AB345.jpeg

Last edited:
Big news, i just saw a Red TourX today on I15 in Utah. This is TourX #3 that i have seen with my own eyes here in state, mine excluded of course. It had some legal tint all the way around and looked really sharp.

Big news, i just saw a Red TourX today on I15 in Utah. This is TourX #3 that i have seen with my own eyes here in state, mine excluded of course. It had some legal tint all the way around and looked really sharp.

I agree 100% they look great !! Shame GM discontinued but that shows demand for wagon in todays market

SUV's and Crossovers are what is in demand and $$$$ sales with the big auto factories. That's why you see Bentley/Rolls Royce/Lamborghini SUV'S running around now

Dave

TourX was discontinued for 3 reasons, 1. low demand for wagon vs taller SUVs. 2. It wa priced too high on the MSRP and had to be discounted down a lot, mine was 30% off for example. 3. The partnership with Opel/Peugot to build the car was in place only for contractual reasons. They don't have to build them anymore and they aren't selling well, so this vehicle is already in the history books.

TourX was discontinued for 3 reasons, 1. low demand for wagon vs taller SUVs. 2. It wa priced too high on the MSRP and had to be discounted down a lot, mine was 30% off for example. 3. The partnership with Opel/Peugot to build the car was in place only for contractual reasons. They don't have to build them anymore and they aren't selling well, so this vehicle is already in the history books.
I actually want and use the cargo SF that a boxy tailed SUV has to offer …

Back