w116 300sd Mercedes Rear Wheel Flange/Bearing grease (50g)

I will be installing the rear wheel flanges into the wheel carriers belonging to my 1979 300sd (w116).

The FSM indicates that each side takes 50g of multi-purpose grease.
I know that too much grease or too little grease has a negative effect on the wheel bearings.
The quantity (50g) seems very little compared to whats inside the tube which stores 150g (MB bright green grease).

I'm taking the next steps:
1. Going to empty out the tube (150 grams) and break it up into three even parts (50g+50g+50g).
2. One of the three parts (50 grams) will be broken up again into three additional parts where the outer bearing, wheel carrier and inner bearing will get the 50 grams evenly distributed.

Please let me know if I'm on the right direction.
I'm thinking about adding a little more in the wheel carrier.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

I just saw this. What did you end up doing? Did the FSM have a percentage that goes to each section?

I have leftovers from one of those 150g tubes, I forget if I needed one or two in total for the front on my w123.

I just saw this. What did you end up doing? Did the FSM have a percentage that goes to each section?

I have leftovers from one of those 150g tubes, I forget if I needed one or two in total for the front on my w123.
FSM calls for 50 grams each side for the REAR. I squeezed the grease out of the tube and divided the grease into three parts (50g-50g-50g).
I followed the FSM for the rear because the job is so precise. As you probably know already, its one of those jobs you only want to do once and never have to go back in there for another 40 years. The front wheel bearings are a different story. The front bearings are much more accessible and can be checked or repacked each time you replace the brake rotors. Car is running great now.

Back