Vredestein North American Tires

has launched a comprehensive brand offensive backed by a full range of new tire lines explicitly designed for and developed in North America. The result, Vredestein says, is a complete line of ultra-high-performance tires for North America’s diverse geography and regional climates, a new high-performance tire line aimed at some of the most popular mainstream vehicle segments in the region, as well as Vredestein’s first-ever dedicated truck and SUV tire. The company says the new Vredestein lineup, while developed in and for North America, maintains Vredestein’s European identity.

• Hypertrac – Vredestein’s new all-season ultra-high-performance (UHP) tire is designed to offer superb performance on both wet and dry road surfaces for drivers of premium sport sedans, coupes and SUVs.
  • Quatrac Pro – Vredestein’s UHP all-weather tire offers drivers a single solution that performs for cars and crossovers year-round, including the winter months.
  • Wintrac Pro – Vredestein’s dedicated winter UHP tire is developed for drivers who do not want to compromise on performance and handling.
  • Ultrac Vorti – Vredestein’s flagship summer ultra-high-performance tire is developed for the world’s greatest sports cars and supercars to unlock their maximum dynamic potential.
  • Hitrac – Vredestein’s new high-performance all-season tire is designed to invigorate the daily drive experience and unlock the full potential of North America’s most popular mainstream sedans and crossovers, while maintaining the quiet and comfort that makes the daily commute more pleasant.
  • Pinza – Vredestein’s first dedicated truck and SUV tire line, launching in early 2021, is engineered to deliver the off-road capability expected of a premium all-terrain tire without the sacrifices many drivers are forced to accept as a trade-off. When it transitions from the trail to paved surfaces, Pinza offers unparalleled comfort and quiet operation, as well as excellent performance in wet and winter weather.

Nice. More options is always good. Purchased Vredestein tires a few times while living in Germany.

Any idea where these tires will be made?

Vredestein, a respected European brand with 111 years of history arrives in North America
  • Comprehensive line-up of new tyres designed and developed specifically for North American roads and drivers
  • Close attention to North American geography and climate informed product development path
  • Most complete line-up of ultra-high performance tyres
  • New entrants in all-season, all-weather, winter and pick-up truck/all-terrain segments

Vredestein, founded in 1909, and now owned by Indian tyre major Apollo Tyres Ltd, boasts a rich 111-year history of innovation and product development, and has established itself as one of Europe’s highly regarded premium tyre brands.

In the US and Canada however, Vredestein is relatively unknown. That changes, with Vredestein launching a comprehensive brand offensive backed by a full range of new tyre lines explicitly designed for and developed in North America.

North-America-PCT-Product-Range-Vredestein-1024x512.jpg

I just hope they keep selling their existing European tires here. Vredestein has been the only European tire company to sell their full lineup globally. I hope they keep selling the Ultrac Satin and Sportrac 5 summer tires here.

The Quatrac 3-peak all-season tires are probably safe since that segment is getting popular now. When the Quatrac 2 first came to the US, the only 3-peak all-season tires around were it and the Nokian WR (G1). Now, almost everyone makes these tires, and the Quatrac 5 and WRG4 have much more competition. Vredestein made the first 3-peak all-season tires (the original Quatrac).

I don't see a reason to buy Vredestein's new American tires over all the other brands we already have. What really set them apart is the Quatrac all-seasons, and the summer tires nobody else sells in the US.

The dedicated truck tires are coming out last, but they should probably have come out first.

I haven't seen any info in the press release regarding where the tires are manufactured.

probably Hungary

Last edited:
Isn't Vredestein a mid-tier tire brand in Europe, and not a premium brand like Michelin or Continental?

My two bets are that they are Dutch and Indian made.

Krzyś

They opened a plant in Hungary in 2017:

Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director of Apollo, made it clear during a press conference that the new factory will be an OE plant and that the company wants the plant’s production to eventually be 25% OE tires versus replacement tires.

He further added that the company expects to be selling to premium car makers with its Vredestein brand.

The facility is the company’s second plant in Europe. It is in addition to Apollo’s existing plant in the Netherlands, and will produce both Apollo and Vredestein tires. The highly automated plant features IT-driven systems and robotics.

Apollo also has four tire plants in India. Its largest plant is near Chennai, in the southern India state of Tamil Nadu. Two other plants are located in the southern India rubber-producing state of Kerala, and the fourth is in Limda, Gujarat.

Three other global tire manufacturers have tire plants in Hungary: Hankook Tire Co. Ltd., Bridgestone Corp. and Groupe Michelin

The company wants to have 10% of its total sales coming from the U.S. and Canada in five years, said Kanwar. He also stated that the company could look to build a plant in four to five years in the U.S.

Kanwar acknowledged that he got his “hands burnt” in his company’s ill-fated purchase of Cooper Tire in 2013 as a way of entering the U.S. market.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of their tires. I ran a few sets on an old Camry and they performed well in Northeast hills and 4 seasons. I currently have set of Quatrac 5's 225 60 18 on the Outback. Standing water could be better but it is good; dry pavement and traction is excellent; works very well with AWD in the snow. Only issue I've had to complain about is longevity with the softer compounds. But that's also a part of why it performs so well right?

I have the Quatrac Pros on my Golf R. they've been great. 15K miles on them and very little wear. I put them on as "winter" tires, since "winter for me is mostly rain, but they were better year-round than I expected.

Reality is that I'm not going to hit the limited of dry traction on public roads without getting arrested, so wet traction is really the key for me--and these excel in that regard. If they can handle limited snow, even better-but I have another car I'll use for going to the mountains. What really surprised me has been the wear, which has been better than expected. I think I will likely get more than the advertised 30K and still be at 4-5mm of tread, unless wear is really non-linear (which is possible).

I have a pretty heavy bias again Vredestein, as their bicycle tires are almost universally terrible, but I'm impressed with the Quatrac Pros. Actually just ordered some Wintrac Pros for the X1 based on that experience.

So I did some investigation on TR page and car tires (or is it tyres?) seem to be from NL and HU (Holland/Netherlands and Hungary).
Pinza/truck tires are from IN(dia).

I did not know there is Hungarian Apollo factory.

Krzys

I'm a big fan of their tires. I ran a few sets on an old Camry and they performed well in Northeast hills and 4 seasons. I currently have set of Quatrac 5's 225 60 18 on the Outback. Standing water could be better but it is good; dry pavement and traction is excellent; works very well with AWD in the snow. Only issue I've had to complain about is longevity with the softer compounds. But that's also a part of why it performs so well right?
Driving Sports TV put 235/60/18 Quatrac Pro's on a 2020 Outback XT and Vredestein also now sponsor's the channel. He even took them off road. At the end of the video he mentions an upcoming A/T tire, which I presume are the Pinza's.

I want to upgrade to something better in the snow, but still on the fence about a Grand Touring/UHP/CUV vs. A/T tire.

Last edited:
The problem with Vredstein's is treadwear on them is bad compared with premium tires. They are priced cheaper but not that much cheaper. 400 A A and a 40,000 mile treadwear warranty is not good in that price range.

The problem with Vredstein's is treadwear on them is bad compared with premium tires. They are priced cheaper but not that much cheaper. 400 A A and a 40,000 mile treadwear warranty is not good in that price range.
But how many tires that you consider to be in that price range have the 3PMSF rating and can be run year round? I run dedicated snow tires, but would love an all season tire that allows me by snow tire checkpoints when there are freak snowstorms.

Do you think a Nokian WRG4 will last longer than a Quatrac? Or the Toyo Celsius?

The only 3-peak all-season tires from "premium" brands like the Goodyear WeatherReady and Michelin CrossClimate tires cost much more than Vredestein. The Nokian WRG4 is also much more expensive than the Quatrac (and even shorter tread life), but the Nokian will probably be better in the snow.

You can get the Kumho Solus HA31 in a small range of sizes from Walmart (or import them from Canada). Hankook is finally selling the Kinergy 4S2 in the US.

What do you think of Vredestein's Quatrac tires compared to other 3-peak all-season tires? No tire that will last 100k will be as good in snow as a 3-peak.

Tire Rack should give the 3-peak all-season tires their own performance category.

The 3 peaks thing if that is what you want, the Quatrak 5 certainly has it. When you figure out miles per dollar though the Michelin Crossclimate2, costs about the same. I am not knocking the Vredstein though. I am not an expert on the 3 peaks tires marketplace. If you don’t worry about mileage so much the Quatrak 5 are very reasonably priced for their performance.

The new Vredestein HITRAC ALL SEASON though, that competes more with the Defender T+H only costs about $15 less per tire, which is offset by frequent Michelin rebates. That is a 70,000 mile tire (V) versus 80,000 miles (M). These are Tirerack prices

I wish Vredstein well but to compete they have to come down a bit in price in my opinion.

Do you think a Nokian WRG4 will last longer than a Quatrac? Or the Toyo Celsius?

The only 3-peak all-season tires from "premium" brands like the Goodyear WeatherReady and Michelin CrossClimate tires cost much more than Vredestein. The Nokian WRG4 is also much more expensive than the Quatrac (and even shorter tread life), but the Nokian will probably be better in the snow

What do you think of Vredestein's Quatrac tires compared to other 3-peak all-season tires? No tire that will last 100k will be as good in snow as a 3-peak

Firestone Weathergrip: 3-peaks 640 A A and costs just $15 a tire more than the Vredstein that is 400 AA. The Firestone has a 65,000 mile warranty.

Back