Volvo's shares crash to all-time low as Geely cuts stake

I’ve kept a curious ear out. I love the latest style of the s60 and xc60. The xc60 really caught my eye recently at a charity oil change event. Beautiful lines. So I started reading. The entire dashboard is driven by android software with horrifying frequency of crashes and bugs, and has a penchant to misbehave when the car doesn’t have cel coverage. this is beyond ludicrous to me… absolutely squashed the idea for me.

Even at the most severe part of the vehicle shortage, it seems that Volvo dealers still somehow had vehicles, and often lots of them. That's my biggest clue.

All I know about recent Volvos is that my daughter picked out an XC90 back in 2017 for soccer mom mobile. Only major bill was to replace the electronics after my SIL washed the dash. It has a transverse I-6 engine which is a unicorn arrangement. :cool:

I don't understand how Volvo stays in business.

Probably semi trucks, they are the 2nd or 3rd best selling truck in the world i read a few years ago.
Trying to remember details, but think it was Hino #1, Volvo #2, I sure see a lot of them rolling up and down the hwy.

Probably semi trucks, they are the 2nd or 3rd best selling truck in the world i read a few years ago.
Trying to remember details, but think it was Hino #1, Volvo #2, I sure see a lot of them rolling up and down the hwy.
But they are separate companies.

Volvo cars was bought by Ford (fail!) then sold at a loss to Geely.

What I didn't know is Volvo Cars owns 48% of Polestar.

But they are separate companies.

Volvo cars was bought by Ford (fail!) then sold at a loss to Geely.

What I didn't know is Volvo Cars owns 48% of Polestar.

Good to know, I thought Volvo was Volvo.
I used to drive a Volvo, good truck.

Back