Visited downtown Flavor Town with a homemade roast beef sandwich

Cooked a chuck roast with my sous vide at 135* for about 28 hours. Seared in a skillet with ghee, sauteed onions and toasted the buns in it after. Sliced and topped with provolone and boiled down the juices to make an au jus to dip it in. Sweet mercy, it was delicious. Highly recommend this and if you have a sous vide machine, it's really, really easy.

IMG-0573.jpg

I've never cooked anything via sous vide. Seems like a tiny hot tub you cook with. 135F? I've known women that shower in hotter water than that... lol. Granted I only cook steak to 125F on the grill.

Last edited:
I've never cooked anything via sous vide. Seems like a tiny hot tub you cook with. 135F? I've known women that shower in hotter water than that... lol
It was a bit weird at first, and it looks strange until you sear it. It can not get easier though. I threw it in yesterday and didn't think about it until dinner time today. Pull it out and it's at a perfect medium rare.

That's awesome man, looks great!

BTW, fellow Packers fan here. My son and I bleed Green and Gold. My wife, you guessed it - a Pats fan.

Back