Virgin XG3600 cut open

For our friend Adam (car 51)-I have fair number of these, so this is my minor contribution. Date code is A23243, was sealed in it's shiny (fairly) new box. Now, everybody stay safe out there!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fixing to mount one of these to my 2.0L Escape on the next OCI. I can't tell from the pic--is that ADBV silicone?

Bullwinkle..

Now come on. This is a waste.

We ALL know what these look like.

There are also 10,000+ cut filter pics online.

Cut Used filters unless they are expected garbage!

What the hey!

Just throwing saw bucks out your window too?

I mean REALLY!

Originally Posted by Brian553
Fixing to mount one of these to my 2.0L Escape on the next OCI. I can't tell from the pic--is that ADBV silicone?

Its silicone

Bullwinkle: Thank You for doing this. I gave Wal Mart piece of my mind this morning about my filter. They dont care.

Anyways, thanks again
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Bullwinkle..

Now come on. This is a waste.

We ALL know what these look like.

There are also 10,000+ cut filter pics online.

Cut used filters unless they are expected garbage!

What the hey!

Just throwing sawbucks out your window too?

I mean REALLY!

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...am-tg-3600-virgin-filter-cut-open#UNREAD
I was confused by all the extra spaces, I had to take them out!
crazy.gif

Normally I get these from eBay for $24-25 a 6 pack, so it's more like 4/10ths of a sawbuck. Adam/car 51 spends a LOT of money on filters for here, and, yes, I know what they look like, I've used enough of them (for up to 20,000 miles. The body will rust off the xB before I could possibly use all the ones I have.

And a fine Filter it is!
Presently running these on 3 of my vehicles.........Never had an issue and will continue to use these filters with confidence.

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
And a fine Filter it is!
Presently running these on 3 of my vehicles.........Never had an issue and will continue to use these filters with confidence.

01.gif

Thanks for the c&p, that filter looks great! I thought XG's were supposed to have the wire mesh / screen on the outside of the media? Did this change?

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
Thanks for the c&p, that filter looks great! I thought XG's were supposed to have the wire mesh / screen on the outside of the media? Did this change?

No, the mesh is on the inside, visible through the holes in center tube between the media & tube. Last time I tried to get the media out of an Ultra, I almost needed stitches from all the cuts on my hands!

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Date code is A23243, was sealed in it's shiny (fairly) new box. Now, everybody stay safe out there!

[Linked Image]

Date code says it was made the 324th day of 2012. Strange. Bought off of eBay?

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Date code is A23243, was sealed in it's shiny (fairly) new box. Now, everybody stay safe out there!

[Linked Image]

Date code says it was made the 324th day of 2012. Strange. Bought off of eBay?

Might be, it doesn't even say 15,000miles on the box, must have been an early production Ultra

Bullwinkle:
I would use these in my Escape if I found them for $24 or $25 for 6 of them. If you see them for that price again on e-bay...let us know. Thanks

Back