Virgin Rural King RK7317 C&P with element weights

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's some more two-buck chuck from RK, this time the house brand. Glue is a little sloppy, but otherwise looks and feels decent. Probably be a fine filter for somebody on 5k OCIs and $11.99/5qt Harvest King oil. This was my very first filter cut, and it shows. The cut is all mangled, my apologies
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for your time and money. That's a Premium guard filter. They make filters for lots of companies including the local parts chain here, Federated. Not bad filters at all but I would pick a made in the USA filter only because of personal choice.

No problem, I pick up extra filters all the time, I've sent maybe 40 filters to 53' Stude over the past couple years and finally decided to cut some myself. Used filters are going to be cut in the near future.

I figured for the ~$2 each, it would be a nice "investment" for the board, since it seems many people talk the talk of extended OCIs and premium everything, but most do not walk the walk, and use "less than premium" filters and oils, since they've been proven to work just fine in daily drivers. This way, at least you've seen the inside of what these inexpensive filters have to offer, and can make informed decisions to run a 5k OCI for less than $15 with tax, out the door. Plus, you'll be keeping local folks with an actual retail job vs. just buying online!

Originally Posted by Linctex
I appreciate all the money you've spent so that we all can learn, Subie Ruby Roo

+1

seems whats most important is the filter media which as a group we dont seem to be able to evaluate (other than "it looks nice") and cant compare between filters

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edwardh1
seems whats most important is the filter media which as a group we dont seem to be able to evaluate (other than "it looks nice") and cant compare between filters

To a point, you are correct.
Even with used filters it does not tell us much about how well the actually filter, but being able to see internal construction and how they fair after use does give us some anecdotal evidence of how well filters are put together and fair during regular use.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
No problem, I pick up extra filters all the time, I've sent maybe 40 filters to 53' Stude over the past couple years and finally decided to cut some myself. Used filters are going to be cut in the near future.

I figured for the ~$2 each, it would be a nice "investment" for the board, since it seems many people talk the talk of extended OCIs and premium everything, but most do not walk the walk, and use "less than premium" filters and oils, since they've been proven to work just fine in daily drivers. This way, at least you've seen the inside of what these inexpensive filters have to offer, and can make informed decisions to run a 5k OCI for less than $15 with tax, out the door. Plus, you'll be keeping local folks with an actual retail job vs. just buying online!

OK Chris, your filter title is up for debate
lol.gif

Looks like angry wolverine chewed can apart
crazy2.gif

Anyway, all joking and kidding aside; never saw a Rural King filter in person, looks serviceable. Thanks for c&p Chris
smile.gif

May use some Citgo syn or RK Syn I stockpiled next with your Prime Guard you sent me
smile.gif

Yes, Adam, it was butchered. First can ever, but I still wanted to post it. I didn't get a fancy Longacre and found out after the fact that small-diameter filters ride against the cutter body on mine, so I have to pull out the grinder to clearance it some
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Yes, Adam, it was butchered. First can ever, but I still wanted to post it. I didn't get a fancy Longacre and found out after the fact that small-diameter filters ride against the cutter body on mine, so I have to pull out the grinder to clearance it some
thumbsup2.gif

I've got one of those ... was looking at it and how to move the roller wheels closer together. Gotta mod the filter cutter for improved performance, lol.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
ZeeOSix: yeah I love my Longacre cutter. Adjustable wheels is nice
grin2.gif

Yeah, the Longacre filter cutter is top notch.
thumbsup2.gif
You put it to good use for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back