Very small new houses in Texas

Why they wouldn’t use a tankless given the size of the home and the fact that it’s modern construction is curious to me.

I agree. Tankless was probably an extra $400 and would cut into the margins too much. A tankless near the bath and a couple gallon small tank under the kitchen sink would be great for that size house.

So no kids I guess these could work...but even then you can't host visitors overnight comfortably and probably can barely host friends for dinner. Climate also plays a part in home size IMO...imagine these in a winter climate where outdoor living doesn't exist for 6 months out of the year.

Why they wouldn’t use a tankless given the size of the home and the fact that it’s modern construction is curious to me.
I agree. Tankless was probably an extra $400 and would cut into the margins too much. A tankless near the bath and a couple gallon small tank under the kitchen sink would be great for that size house.
True story, I would give up the Tankless Rianni in our new 6 month old home if it was an easy thing to do and love to have a good old fashion 50 gallon gas water heater again. It's a luxury I can afford even if it cost me $3 or $4 more a month for gas, but I doubt even that. Though I could see in a tiny house like this the advantage of tankless.

To me, tankless is a downgrade, not only that but a higher cost both in yearly maintenance, initial cost and good god crazy expensive replacement cost as someone just posted in our community.

Just this week from the older part of our community.
question = "Has anyone had to replace their tankless hot water heater? Ours is a 190btu's..we are getting very high quotes. Can anyone tell us how much they paid to have a new one installed??"

resident comment= "Ours installed by plumright when the home was built in 2011. Hopefully you are doing the required flushing every two years."

resident comment = "Tankless water heaters are so expensive to install because of all the components. Please make sure you use a licensed Plumber and be wary of one that gives you a significantly lower price than your other quotes."

resident comment= Three years ago paid $3200

Person who asked the original question = ..who did u use??

Not even room to park a car on the street between driveways. This is going to look like total garbage once you fill the neighborhood with cars and people’s junk.

Looks like the company temporary housing they built in the early 1900s.

This is very common in PUD especially gated "private" communities. Typically different rules apply to communities on private property.

Here in the south we’d call that a shotgun house which were common during the Civil War and early 1900s. What’s old is new again.

Crazy thing is I know full time nurses who work in hospitals who can’t get approved to rent a 1 BR apartment within an hour of their job because they don’t meet the 3x monthly take home vs rent payment requirement.

So, that is to say unless something changes smaller homes like this will probably become more common. Naturally it looks like some tik-tok landlord has already bought one and is renting it for $1,200 month.

Yuck. Who would want to have neighbors that close? Is there any land for a shed/ garage? No pets either.
Prices are insane. He pays $2700 per month now to rent an OK place in Felton. He has an 01 Silverado and a 54 F-150. 3 Harleys and more.stuffs gotta go. But it's time. Wants to be near his kids. I will help as best as I can.

Yuck. Who would want to have neighbors that close? Is there any land for a shed/ garage? No pets either.

That’s why a three story design seems to be popular at least in my neck of the woods. The first story is garage and utility. Second story is living and kitchen. Third story is bedrooms.

But around here those places have way less space between homes or no space at all.

I still think a single $550K home is easier to build than four small houses with a driveway for only one vehicle for a combined $550K sale.

Very interesting to see this community looks in 10 years.

It's about time. I have looked at the new home market since 1990. Never would go new as everything studiply big. As far as zoning restrictions, that is just plain wrong and immoral. The poor need a place to live just like the rest of us.

Back