Vegetables you love and hate

Veggies are ok. Peppers, if raw, will give me heartburn--but sausage and peppers is a yum-yum occasional treat.

Spinach is ok in salad. Cooked and there is, bar-none, nothing I dislike more. Only if it's buried in something, otherwise I won't eat it.

I usually buy the cheapo bag of mixed vegetables, the stuff in the frozen section. I would put a cup or two into tupperware and put into my lunch bag, and nuke at work. It'd keep my food cool while being much better than a can of cold soda. When in college I would mix it in with rice or pasta for a simple meal.

Wife made a garden this year and the cukes & cherry tomatoes are like nothing we've gotten from a store.

I'll eat pretty much all of them... various peppers, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes (fruit, technically), onions, cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, beans, beet root, cabbage, carrots, celery root, parsley root, garlic, ginger, lettuce, leek, mushrooms, potatoes, corn, daikon, etc.

And if they're pickled/marinated, that's even better.

Is kale and spinach considered a vegetable? Either way, I’ll eat it.

Add: broccoli, asparagus, red, yellow, and orange peppers, bacon, carrots, celery, mushrooms, edamame, bacon, corn, beets, and Brussel sprouts, but ONLY if they are roasted. With bacon.

I personally love asparagus, spinach, kale and edamame. Alfalfa sprouts are good too.
What vegetables do you folks love and hate?
Asparagus, squash, corn (cob), snow peas, okra, onion, garlic, yellow pepper, a little potato with my butter …

The thread title should probably have been about plants and fungus. I'm okay with the term vegetables for plant parts that aren't fruit, legumes, or fungus. I don't like most legumes and don't care for a few mushrooms. ****ake makes me run for the hills.

Last edited:
Like almost everything except beets, frozen carrots, lima beans, canned peas.

My favorite vegetables are the ones that get converted into bacon.

Like almost everything except beets, frozen carrots, lima beans, canned peas.

My favorite vegetables are the ones that get converted into bacon.
Everything said here! Was really surprised no one had mentioned lima beans prior to Dave. A vile creation.

Love:
asparagus
garlic
onion
cilantro
culantro
snow pea tips (leaves)
broccoli
mushrooms
cabbage

Not so much:
Okra

Everything else is somewhere in-between.

Back