USPS Manager embezzles steals $630,000 stamps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we know why the USPS is in disarray. Poor management everywhere. I've never ever been able to contact the local Postmaster to complain. Numerous packages have been lost, one larger box was delivered three years later.

Article

lol.gif

...and to think I just posted about my experience with these jokers

Did you know USPS vehicles never have to have a license plate and cannot be pulled over by Police state trooper ect unless they suspect it was stolen? They can speed make illegal turns drive however they want and are exempt from all traffic laws including traffic cams.

Originally Posted by DONWATERS
Did you know USPS vehicles never have to have a license plate and cannot be pulled over by Police state trooper ect unless they suspect it was stolen? They can speed make illegal turns drive however they want and are exempt from all traffic laws including traffic cams.

Fake news.

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
Originally Posted by DONWATERS

Fake news.

You're probably right. How in the world could one of those mail delivery vehicles ever speed? Lol

There are not so good people in every profession. I have over all only good to say about the USPS .

Originally Posted by Onetor
Now we know why the USPS is in disarray. Poor management everywhere. I've never ever been able to contact the local Postmaster to complain. Numerous packages have been lost, one larger box was delivered three years later.

Article

Embezzlement happens everywhere where cash and cash equivalents are handled with limited controls.
This is nothing limited to USPS but rather can be found in water departments, city tax offices, clerks of court offices, youth sports teams, Girl Scout troop mothers, you name it.
There are unscrupulous and financially strapped people everywhere and a small proportion of those in a position to do so will steal.
They also end up getting caught, doing time and ordered to make restitution.

I would say that post office had incredibly poor controls in place. Although it could depend upon what the time frame was. But if it was 5 years or less it should have been picked up easily. "We are out of stamps again, but the cash drawer is empty". How many times can that happen before the actual Postmaster does some checking.

Originally Posted by Donald
I would say that post office had incredibly poor controls in place. Although it could depend upon what the time frame was. But if it was 5 years or less it should have been picked up easily. "We are out of stamps again, but the cash drawer is empty". How many times can that happen before the actual Postmaster does some checking.

+1

Originally Posted by CT8
There are not so good people in every profession. I have over all only good to say about the USPS .

My wife works for the USPS at the Human Resources center in Greensboro, NC. 500 people work in her office running 2 shifts 5 days a week, with occasional overtime. Her office handles retirements, transfers, promotions, bereavement counseling, grievances, benefits etc for the entire nation. She has told me some stories over the years that would anger most people, lazy carriers, thieves, violent employees " going postal " inter office politics etc. She has also told stories of carriers while on their route checking in on the elderly, handicapped, infirmed, saving people's lives by rescuing them from house fires, auto accidents, robberies etc. Good and bad employees in every company. The USPS delivers billions of packages and mail every year, 6 days a week to every address in the U.S. No private company could do job the USPS does! If you think the USPS is bad now, privatize it! By the way, the USPS receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses......Google it!

Originally Posted by gman2304
Originally Posted by CT8

My wife works for the USPS at the Human Resources center in Greensboro, NC. 500 people work in her office running 2 shifts 5 days a week, with occasional overtime. Her office handles retirements, transfers, promotions, bereavement counseling, grievances, benefits etc for the entire nation. She has told me some stories over the years that would anger most people, lazy carriers, thieves, violent employees " going postal " inter office politics etc. She has also told stories of carriers while on their route checking in on the elderly, handicapped, infirmed, saving people's lives by rescuing them from house fires, auto accidents, robberies etc. Good and bad employees in every company. The USPS delivers billions of packages and mail every year, 6 days a week to every address in the U.S. No private company could do job the USPS does! If you think the USPS is bad now, privatize it! By the way, the USPS receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses......Google it!

Good point!

Originally Posted by dishdude
I don't get the weird irrational hatred for the post office.

I worked for government most of my career. People hate you because you represent government they don't like, or they think your job is cushy, or because "I pay your salary". Govt workers are an easy target for a lot of anger. People don't seem to get that when you ship UPS or Fedex you are paying their salary as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back