USPS "Central leg" timing

According to USPS tracking, a parcel took 25 hours 4 minutes to travel from Springfield, MO to Teterboro, NJ.
That's ~1,190 miles driving, a bit less flying.
Did the USPS truck my parcel or fly it?

almost certainly by plane

There are distribution enters in between, and no truck or driver is running non-stop for 25 hours.

If it was first class or priority mail, and it's going over many states, it's going by plane.

A Temu order was delivered from China to the DC suburbs via China Post and USPS in four days.
Amazon can't move a "Next Day Delivery" feeler gauge 15 miles from the Amazon center to my home in three days?

USPS has been doing just fine by me. Most orders shipped in CONUS arrive in 3 days or less.

Yeah, for all the grousing people do re USPS, the service is more times than not pretty darn good.
Lots of super-fast delivery stories.

A PO near me in So. Hackensack is proximal to Jersey City, NYC and, apparently, other nodes.
I always go there to with anything larger than an envelope. It always saves a day or two!

Yeah, for all the grousing people do re USPS, the service is more times than not pretty darn good.
Lots of super-fast delivery stories.

A PO near me in So. Hackensack is proximal to Jersey City, NYC and, apparently, other nodes.
I always go there to with anything larger than an envelope. It always saves a day or two!
Agree with this.

My grousing was usually about the very last leg. But luckily nearly blind guy transferred to another PO. No screw ups for many months!

I didn't want to start a new thread on the USPS....

My mom sent two packages to us, CT to PA. She dropped them off Tue 12/5.

The first one arrived Fri 12/8. I let her know and she said what about the other one? I said what other one?

Sat, a huge package arrives and I can see from the Blink camera it says "fragile glass." My mom said that's not her package--turns out FedEx dropped it off and it was for 3 houses down. I walked it over and the people were home--very awkward I think they were contemplating not opening the door and I could see there was a Ring doorbell.

We were slightly concerned we would be out on Sunday and there would be heavy sustained rain. But that was beyond our control.

So I told my mom on Tue. we still haven't gotten it, do you have tracking? She did. It was stuck with that moving through system status, however it's worded, with no delivery date, through late Wed 12/13. Early Thu, a delivery date of Thu appeared, and it was in our area, then at our post office.

As far as flying, has to be as we ordered something from REI and from Wed to Thu it went from Anaheim CA to Philadelphia PA.

My point is that anything is possible and often tracking is useless--a package can be in an unknown status for days if not weeks, with UPS and USPS. But, over the last 3 years, only one package has actually been flat out lost. Some unaccounted for for 2 weeks. It's a lot of stress to tell you the truth and who needs it.

Now the good part of the story. My mom went to her post office to ask why the package hadn't been delivered, on Wed. 8 days later. The clerk told her they don't have an answer but will call her back. Last known status was Springfield, MA.

She actually got a call from that clerk yesterday, that the package was out for delivery. I told my mom that really makes me feel good, that the clerk would actually do that. They cared about your concern and it was above and beyond. :)

Back