US made Milwaukee dolly

I'm giving up ...not just yet.

I'm changing the 2 dry rot 10" dolly wheels for the first time and it's tough as hell. Did everything what I saw on YT. Nothing worked. The lock nut is made of quality steel even my Dasco Pro chisels are no match. I drilled the lock nut, no match either. I sprayed it PB Blaster and pry it off with a pry bar, no match too. Then, I thought of torching it my Benzomatic but it is out of propane. Time is not on my side today, but hey the weather is nice out here in Houston 🙃
These are the tools I have
m1.jpg
m2.jpg
m3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that same dolly. I have to air up the tires every time I use it which is rare. Given the fight it’s putting up with you, I’ll just leave it alone. ;)

UPDATE:

After 3 attempts, I finally got both lock nuts off with the help of a punch & hammer. I worked it out by punching the lock nut to move in circular motion. I did it by clockwise & counter clockwise to loosen the grip. Once it got loosen, I sprayed PB Blaster and pulled it off via Vise Grip. It took 30 minutes for each wheel. It a shame I ended this way as the lock nuts were made of high quality steel. Just by looking at the YT videos it took only 5 minutes. I replaced the lock nuts with fuel line clips/clamps so that in the future it will be easy to change tires. The dolly is now good as new. :)

These tools are the ones I used:

19-1.jpg

Fuel Line Clip/Clamp installed. I hope these clamps will hold well as both clamps grips really good. I cleaned off the PB Blaster residue before installing the clamps.

19-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back