Upgrade Windows Media Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually upgrade to the most recent version of software because of improvements, bug fixes etc. I have WMP 9 on my XP desktop. Is version 11 mo betta?

2nd question, what's your favorite music player? I've used winamp and for a variety of reasons I deleted it. Tried mediamonkey and I liked it, but it started acting funny so I got rid of it. I used the Yahoo media jukebox for a little while and it too started acting funny so it got the boot.

Version 11 has given me problems with streaming video on websites. Version 10 is bulletproof for me.

I use media player for everything as it works flawlessly for me.

Ok, so if I want to upgrade to 10 instead of to 11 how do I do that? I get messages regularly that there is a new version of windows media player do you want to updgrade? Can I just download it off filehippo or cnet? I have a legal copy of XP Pro.

Windows Media Player 11 was buggy when it was first released, but I have yet to see any issues with it now. You should be able to find a download for Windows Media Player 10 if you check out Google.

I use winamp for music and Windows Media Player for all videos. As long as I have the codecs for different file types, I've never had any problems.

There should be a download link on Microsoft's website, but if 11 isn't buggy now, then it's fine to use. I used it when it first came out and it was buggy; I haven't gone back since.

I should add that I had to re-install Windows Media Player 11 for a few people due to buggyness from the initial release. Once it was re-installed, the problems were fixed. I believe the issues were due to Microsoft's push for the beta installation of Windows Media Player 11.

Ok....I think I'll wait
crazy2.gif
No hurry
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back