UOA, Havoline Pro DS syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I might have had a cracked head leaking coolant into the crankcase so I got an analasys.

No issues with heads, all was good.

Not too many miles on the oil, just under 2000 miles, but here it is.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 155
Last edited:
Looks like it's doing just fine, run it again. Glad to hear you don't have a leak..👠Chevron sure likes moly.

Last edited:
I have been looking for a recent SN+ UOA on this.

Thank you! Moly, boron, and with as much as Chevron talks about ashless additives you have to assume there is a healthy dose of no-see-Um mixed in there.

For less than $20 per 6quart box there is a lot to like here.

Nice Moly at 153 ppm, a touch of Boron 59 ppm, standard SN-Plus detergent package of Ca (~1200) and Mg (~500), with ILSAC levels of Zinc (784 ppm).
All in a nice full synthetic package.

All looks good above, but a recent VOA of Chevron Supreme 5W30 has a slightly richer add package (but it's a semi-synthetic)
Originally Posted by ChevronSupreme
172 ppm Moly, 116ppm Boron and 874 ppm Zinc

Given they were the same company, I was curious to see if they used the same add package.

Ref:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/5341171/

Yea, the price is right for synthetic.

I have to order from WM dot com. Free pickup.

I didn't change the oil, just took the sample after about a quart had drained. Used to run Delo 5w-40. So that's what I had on hand to top it off. Not really a fan of mixing, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I'll run this mix to my regular 5k OCI, then full Havoline DS pro again.

With the moly that high, it's most likely not the trinuclear MoDTC you've come used to seeing in recent years. It's most likely a cheaper dinuclear variant.

Thanks for the UOA. I still think this oil is the best budget-minded synthetic with the smart change box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back