Under valve cover 3.7 F150

Those Cyclone engines are really great; decent power, extremely reliable and they run very clean (obvious from your pics).
250k miles is a cakewalk for them.

Those Cyclone engines are really great; decent power, extremely reliable and they run very clean (obvious from your pics).
250k miles is a cakewalk for them.
Agreed. I’ve never actually seen one just “wear out”. The only times I have seen any of these give up the ghost is water pump failure resulting in coolant in the oil pan and driving too long, fuel injectors sticking wide open resulting in hydrolock and breaking connecting rods/windowing blocks, and absolute neglect.

HSPSwifter valve cover on and no leaks working fine. Now just to do the passenger side soon

IMG_1484.jpeg

3.7L, 3.5L, and 3.3L are all excellent. I wish the newer F150s would have used the 3.7L for the touch more power and torque.

I have experiance pulling with the 4.6L V8 2 valve, and 5.4L V8 2 valve, and these small cyclone V6's paired with the 6 speed 6R80 tranny actually tow better than the 4.6L with its outdated 4 speed 4R75E.

3.7L, 3.5L, and 3.3L are all excellent. I wish the newer F150s would have used the 3.7L for the touch more power and torque.

I have experiance pulling with the 4.6L V8 2 valve, and 5.4L V8 2 valve, and these small cyclone V6's paired with the 6 speed 6R80 tranny actually tow better than the 4.6L with its outdated 4 speed 4R75E.
I absolutely have no complaints about my 3.7, Im shooting for 400k miles and by then Ill make someone an excellent deal on it for a work truck.

Back