Ultra-rare barn find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1969 Chevelle is, IMO, the most beautifully lined muscle car (please don't make this a "No it isn't, X is!" thread). I had one, but had to face reality as it would have never been done...couldn't afford it. Having a car pop up like this is truly amazing as the YouTuber will tell you. I hope it gets cleaned up the way it is and not fully restored. He states he will post another video of it when the time comes to move it. Enjoy!

Wow, if you're opening a barn and hoping to find a car...that's the one you want! Sweet.

Great video! From his YouTube comments:

"this 1969 COPO 9566 AA 427 Chevelle is 1 of only 2 Tuxedo Black with manual trans ever to surface."

Says it all.

I wonder what it sold for? The interior is awesome and they must have had some good mice prevention going on there. The interior is amazing as well. The car is so plain I am surprised it has the optional wheels. I would love to drive the car and this is an awesome find. I hope there is a follow up video with the tires aired up and the car cleaned and detailed as is.

Originally Posted by atikovi
COPO as in Certified Pre-Owned?

central office production order...which I assume you already knew but others may not

It means that it was specialy built by the factory. The chevelle did not have a 427 engine option.

Kinda like going to jeep dealer and instead of getting the 3.6 v6 getting them to make a call. Then you get the hellcat hemi in your jeep warangler specially built.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Toy4x4
The 1969 Chevelle is, IMO, the most beautifully lined muscle car (please don't make this a "No it isn't, X is!" thread).
"Yes it is!" The 68-69 has been growing on me lately, I used to prefer 65 and 67.

Certified OP is more like it. I can't really remember but I know it was at least a 425 hp 427. The PO was smart to stash it away but maybe too smart to not sell it at the turn of the century. COPO Camaros were selling for like $250k back then and Chevelles are even less common IIRC.

This is a very rare find.

I know where there's an all-original metallic Gold with tan interior 1970 Buick GSX (stage 1) 455 auto, with maybe ~~70,000 original miles.

It hasn't seen daylight since the late 80's when her husband died of a brain tumor.

NOT for sale.

Originally Posted by thastinger

central office production order...which I assume you already knew but others may not

I thought it was "Corporate Office Production Order" - - someone very high in the food chain has to sign off on the making of the build sheet. NOT a commonly ordered vehicle.

Yes, COPO is Central Office Production Order. It refers to a specially ordered car, typically for racing.
There were Chevelles and Camaros that I know of.

I like the '68s with their small tail lights, but the '69s were supposedly screwed together a little better.
This car is basically a strippie '68 Chevelle, set up for a big block (radiator, springs, etc) with a L72 engine.
The L72 started as the top engine in the later mid-year Vettes.
The L72 was a 427, high compression (11 to 1 CR, domed pistons), square port engine with a 780 CFM Holley as I recall.
It was rated at 450 HP with a solid lifter cam. It was rated at 425 in full size cars (Biscayne) but was the same engine.
Many were sold over the counter to racers.
FYI, this was a lousy street driven engine as it required top octane fuel, frequent valve lashes and did not like low rpm with its cam and heads.
Bur get those revs up and wow! Headers were a huge help to make these engines breathe.

Originally Posted by Linctex
This is a very rare find.

I know where there's an all-original metallic Gold with tan interior 1970 Buick GSX (stage 1) 455 auto, with maybe ~~70,000 original miles.

It hasn't seen daylight since the late 80's when her husband died of a brain tumor.

NOT for sale.

Can't be an all original 1970 GSX if its metallic gold with tan interior. Could be a GS stage 1, but the GSX was only offered in yellow or white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back