Two WIX 57356XP Filters Cut Open

The first filter was used for about 12,000 miles over the course of 12 months on a 2011 Honda CR-Z.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's the second filter. It was used on the same car for about 9,000 miles/10 months, including about 600 miles on the race track.

Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

The XP seems to use a different bypass design than the non-XP 57356. The non-XP has an extra ring thing for they bypass, and it takes up so much space, resulting in a tiny media cartridge. This means that the regular Wix has less media than the XP in this size.

Is each OCI the one suggested by the minder?
smile.gif

Was the 12k OCI first, then the 9k OCI? What kind of oil did use, and what did you replace it with?

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Is each OCI the one suggested by the minder?
smile.gif

No, the oil is changed before the OLM says it's time. The oil gets changed to XW-30 in the summer for track days and 0W-20 over winter when the car doesn't see the race track. However, the filters are always used for two oil changes like Honda recommends.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Was the 12k OCI first, then the 9k OCI? What kind of oil did use, and what did you replace it with?

Looks like the 9k was actually first. The car was filled with Castrol Edge 0W-30 for track/summer and Kendall GT-1 Max 0W-20 otherwise.

The filter was replaced with a Purolator Boss this time but filled with Kendall 0W-20 again.

Good looking filters . Will consider these . Which Napa filters are similar ? Also , those look to be Continental tires . (y)

It looks like you could weld it back together and go another 12,000 miles.

Back