TW Seal & Shine

I should clarify....I have used the original formula of TW S&S extensively, and it is AWESOME. I have not used the bottle of new formula yet. I will be using it this weekend on a couple of vehicles.

Here's the "improved version" on my brother's Passat this AM. Great stuff!
He just got the car on Wednesday and it badly needed a detail so he came over this morning for me to show him how.
20201003_130016.jpg
20201003_125938.jpg

I was excited about trying this product after I saw that so many people in this forum rant and rave about it. I'm glad it was only $8. I applied it to a section of the hood, and no amount of wiping or buffing would get rid of the blotchy look it left. I grabbed my trusty bottle of Collinite 845 and finished my vehicle and it looked awesome! IMO, the TW S&S doesn't hold a candle to Collinite in terms of looks, or ease of use...
I would agree with you completely.
It's a very picky product.

I would agree with you completely.
It's a very picky product.
All you need to do is take a wet microfiber, wring it out, wipe a section down, then wipe it again with a dry microfiber. The wet one takes off the haze or blotches. It is more prevalent with darker colors. I just did this with my dark blue (almost black) Jeep and it works. the Jeep looks gorgeous afterward. Or, you can wait for the first rain or car wash and it will take care of it, leaving it looking great afterwards. And I think it looks better than anything else I've tried, whether on that dark blue, bright red, or beige metallic. Same result for all.

One other thing I failed to mention....the blotching or streaking can be caused by using too much of the product. Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine and also the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic require very little product for a given section. I've found that just one squirt on a section of several square feet is enough and reduces or even eliminates the streaking. But still, again, a wet microfiber followed by a dry one takes care of it when that happens.

Imagine a company that makes a product like that for 8 or 9 bucks that requires so little to do the job. Kudos to TW for this. I've used other products that don't go nearly so far and cost more money.

One other thing I failed to mention....the blotching or streaking can be caused by using too much of the product. Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine and also the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic require very little product for a given section. I've found that just one squirt on a section of several square feet is enough and reduces or even eliminates the streaking. But still, again, a wet microfiber followed by a dry one takes care of it when that happens.

Imagine a company that makes a product like that for 8 or 9 bucks that requires so little to do the job. Kudos to TW for this. I've used other products that don't go nearly so far and cost more money.

As the temperatures start to drop, too much product being used will show itself fairly quickly.

Back